Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Finally a cheap passlock fix!

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2013, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mobile installer can u please send me the diagram on bypassing passlock on 2003 Chevy impala 3.8? I am having those issues with the passlock.
thanks.
It would really help.
Please email to: jherrera1341@comcast.net
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:26 AM
CF Beginner

Hello timson,
I am having the exact same issue as as you were. I am wondering how things have turned out for you since you made the repair. has it acted up any? I am REALLY considering the repair you did. CAn you please let me know? You can email me at jherrera1341@comcast.net or post it here in this thread.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

hey i did a motor swap from a 98 k 1500 chevy v8 an replaced the v6 in my 96 body now im having issues with thee security system should i find a computer an engine wiring harness or take it the security system out of the 98 an put it in my 96
Old April 7th, 2013, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem on my 97 cavalier the security system light is solid and doesn't engage the starter but if I put it in neutral and jump the starter cylinoid it starts and runs fine and the security light goes off but if I try to roll start it it runs for a second or so and stalls but I have no problem with it starting and running on the jumped cylinoid so what could be wrong with it I really need a straight answer
Old April 9th, 2013, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default ignition problems

Jondoe28
Originally Posted by jondoe28
UPDATE: Did the below fix almost a year. Started acting up again about a month ago. Security light always coming, have to wait 10 minutes for passlock reset (almost every day). Had the below fix done again about a thousand miles ago. Works absolutely perfect again. No securit light, starts every time. My mechanic showed me the contacts, and they were badly burned again. He took a dremel with a brush and cleaned them like brand new. I think the problem is GM using inferior metals. Also had to fix my service traction control by cleaning the contacts by the wheels, more than once. Hope this helps someone else, sure has helped me.
jondoe28: I am having a similar issue with my 2004 chevy impala ignition, I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the instructions on how to clean the terminals and fix the problem.
Thanks
wooch44@hotmail.com
Old April 29th, 2013, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

Can you please send me the diagram. I just bought a2004 Impala and having the security issues. Email rgire65@gmail.com thank you so much.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 8:52 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Please send me the instructions for bypassing the Pass Lock.
Old May 7th, 2013, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 04 Impala with similar issues. The car won't turn over. When I insert the key, the security light flashes, and the guages all pulse, interior light flashes, and a noise from the radio, all together. Replaced the ignition 2 years ago! The key turns. Tried the relearn....no help. Anyone????
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

I would suggest that you try newrockies.com . they have a Pro Module unit that fixes this issue.
Look'em up.
Old May 14th, 2013, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Hey guys I need help trouble shooting my Girlfriends car for her. She has a 2001 Chevy Impala and it has been giving us issues lately with the security system and Windows. First off her Security system will act off the fristz once in a while. She will have to put her key in acc mode for 10 minutes and wait till it starts. sometimes all she has to do is fturn the key back and forth and it works. another issue that has been coming up with her car is her windows sometimes will not go up or down. The window button will make a clicking noise and none of the windows will budge.. I have been looking online all day and the connection i found with both issues is the BCU. Im not sure if the BCU is going out or if there is a short in her car somewhere. Another side note is she has the key fob but we cannot program it dude to the fact the dealer the car was purchased from installed a different head unit from a pontiac sunfire. Please any help or info about Programming the key fob any other way and fixing the window issues and security bypass will be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!Also the Door locks will not lock either!

Quick Reply: Finally a cheap passlock fix!