Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Finally a cheap passlock fix!

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2013, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am hoping to get a copy of the wiring diagram to bypass the pass lock system. I would appreciate it very much. XxCellZ28xX@yahoo.com
Old June 17th, 2013, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Can you email me how to remove the ignition switch and clean the contacts on 2000 chevy k1500 mpthomas00@gmail.com

Originally Posted by crabapple1951
johndoe28, Would you send me the detailed instructions on removing the ignition switch and cleaning the contacts on the 2002 Impala? My email is dkfm@hotmail.com
Old June 22nd, 2013, 6:49 AM
CF Beginner

Visiting my son-in-law in MI and he had this same problem. First he took it to a repair shop who "said" he put in a new ignition switch?? and charged $500!! Worked for a short time. Then when it recurred he bought a Newrockies. Didn't work so he returned it. Then I arrived and did the "re-learn" process several times which seemed to be taking, for a few hours!!! (next morning it wouldn't start again) So, I went to Radio Shack and spent ~ $4 for the 2200 ohm resistor pack and a European Style connector block for the by-pass trick. Again, seemed to work for only a few hours after re-learn. Then I found this post and the "2001 Malibu no start" post and suspected the (new) ignition switch. So, I removed the black plastic cover over the contacts and voila, blackish contacts. Cleaned them with a screwdriver (ok, but even a q-tip or pencil eraser might have worked - I was too lazy to go get either). A few strokes and they were shiny. Car started perfectly every time since. Another post though said he had to it again in a year or so. Thanks EINst & jondoe28!!
Old June 25th, 2013, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

i have a 99 silverado with the security light solid, i did the resister fix and no fix. i have also tried to get it to relearn and also not working, will not enter relearn mode
Old July 31st, 2013, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

I have a slightly different problem, My S-10 2.2L flex fuel 2wd. will start and run about 5 seconds and turn off and then the security light starts flashing a code three regular flashes followed by two quick flashes or visa versa there is no two second wait before or after the flashes so what I am asking does anybody know the codes for the security system?
Old August 18th, 2013, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2002 impala pass lock issues anyone have a diagram to bypass this email me ease toured if being stuck often thanks for your time.
Old August 28th, 2013, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

I am hoping to get a copy of the wiring diagram so i can finally bypass the passlock. I would really appreciate it. orlando.marquez@live.com
Old August 29th, 2013, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

Here's the wiring for the KEY fix: GM Passlock Security Fix

But I did it and it still did not work BECAUSE THE IGNITION SWITCH WAS BAD (resistance at burnt contacts). I got one for around $40.
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default PassLock BY-pass

Hello All,
Ok I was able to Bi-pass my pass lock in my 2000 Impala. I put my factory radio back in and guess what? Yep went right back into security mode. it is starting to really irk me off. Now a little about the bi-pass that I did to the car. what i did was take off the front face of the dash then with a 1/2 watt 2200 ohm resistor and a terminal block, I pulled the ignition cylinder out then cut the yellow and black wire's ( the small ones not the big fat ones) Then I put the wires into the terminal block with the resistor ( used the wires going towards the BCM not the cylinder lock ) then did the 15 min re-learn from off to start. waiting a few hours due to other obligations got home and the car fired right up. yesterday decided to put the dash back together was jamming out with the radio on happy as a bug in a rug went to start the car back up and it is back in security mode- now im going to do the 30 min relearn on the car again today and see what happens- I will post what happens latter- Now the Bi-pass that I used was recommended by a Retired GM Engineer of 30+ years- But I am wondering if the damn radio has something to do with it as it is- please help me out with this issue. Thanks
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wiring Info

OK if you have the pass lock 2 system in your GM do this trick if you want to Bi-pass the the ignition cylinder system- get the key cylinder out leaving the wires hooked up you have to cut the little thin black and yellow wires hook them up to a terminal block with a 1/2 watt 2200 ohm resistor- do the relearn on the system and it should work.

Quick Reply: Finally a cheap passlock fix!