Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Headrest TV's installed in 2014 impala

Old May 18th, 2013, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headrest TV's installed in 2014 impala

Sorry I couldn't get this to you guys earlier. Had a pretty busy day. Started about 12:00. Didn't finish until about 13:30-14:00

This is when I was working on it. I didn't take much pics. But if anyone wants me to take pics of how I did it just let me know and I will go over it.

Here it is finished.

Old May 25th, 2013, 4:12 AM
CF Beginner

Nice dvd. I got the similar car dvd headrest like yours. 7 inch Digital Car Headrest DVD Player with USB/SD/GAME/IR/FM transmitter. £104 Waiting to be installed.
Old January 4th, 2015, 12:08 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for this posting!! Sorry for following up with what may be a stupid question... I like to consider myself a very handy person -- I installed an aftermarket head unit (DVD/Nav) with headrest monitors on my 2008 Impala -- but I just traded it in for a 2014 Impala and the headrests appear to be completely different -- doesn't have that tiny pin hole (at least none that I could find) to release the headrest. How did you pop yours off? Also, did you cable into your 2014 Impala's audio, or are you just using an FM transmitter? Please share whatever additional details you have time for. Thanks!!!
Old January 4th, 2015, 4:04 AM
CF Beginner

Yea I will check when it gets daylight in a few hours. I forgot it's been May 2013 when I got car.
Old January 4th, 2015, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for looking into this, Tommjr. I spent about an hour exploring my new Impala's headrests and am still struggling! In fact, it took me a little bit to figure out how to remove the seatback flap, but luckily thanks to your photo I can see how it should pop out -- I was just afraid to rip my stitching -- I didn't realize there was a plastic zip strip (not sure what you'd call it), unlike my 08 Impala which just had the standard clips and a more obvious back panel. Regarding the headrests, I've seriously searched all over Google and YouTube and still can't find any tips on how to remove the new style headrests. What I did notice on my new Impala is that the pillow slides on the headrest posts unlike my old Impala in which the posts actually slid through the hole. I was able to twist off the plastic sleeve/cover on the posts, but I couldn't find anything else to release the headrest, so I'm calling it quits for the day.

I do appreciate any guidance you can provide. Thanks so much!!
Old January 25th, 2015, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Nice bro. Are you still in the Army?