Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Help

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2020, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I have an 08 impala it's got problems. The drivers seat is stuck in forward. Idk why it is whether it's the motor or the switch and I'm not sure how to go about finding out which one. The check engine light is on, the abs light is on, the traction control light is on, I've been told it's either the gas pedal or the throttle body. It goes into limp mode and says service traction control system service stabilink. It also says to service the abs and tire pressure system but I figure both of those are just low tire pressure and wheel speed sensor. I'm going to start with the gas pedal since it's cheaper. The steering wheel is crooked. I'm not sure if an alignment will fix it or what it does pull to the left. Also the key fob wont work for anything. I'm not sure if it's just a battery or if has to do with all the problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to have the car running back to perfect with no lights on and can take my family on vacations.
Old September 8th, 2020, 1:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When you say your driver's seat is stuck in forward, do you mean it just won't move, or it keeps running the motor forward? Try being rough with the switch - sometimes they get dirty or gummed up, and knocking it back and forth may free it up. Otherwise it would take some electrical testing to determine where the problem is, short of just guessing.

As far as your warning lights go, all of them point to a stored fault code in those systems. You would need to find out what those codes are for us to be able to help with them.