Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New 2010 Impala - poor fuel mileage?

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2010, 9:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you'll get your best mileage after you get 12,000+ miles on it.
Old December 12th, 2010, 3:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by Gwampa
Ya gotta keep your foot out of it! Drive like I do (geezer) and you'll get 23 in town and 32 on the road. A K&N Filter wouldn't hurt either.
I just turned 70 last month. How old do I have to be to drive like a "geezer?"
Old December 12th, 2010, 4:44 PM
CF Veteran

Jim, you make me feel like I need to drive faster. I obviously wrongly assumed you were much younger (my mistake). At 62 I am but a child. What the other folks said is really true, get the Impala broke-in and watch the mileage soar. BTW, I've enjoyed my 06 LT and have had very few problems. They are a joy to drive and own.
Old June 15th, 2017, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Same problem here, but it gets worse...

This car has been nothing but problems for me after about 60k miles on it. Over the past year ive put thousands of dollars in repairs into this car along with getting bad gas mileage. The problems started with the accelerater pedal stopped working and gave me the engine power reduced accelerater disengaged dash warning. I nearly died on the highway because of it. Not long after in the middle of winter my thermostat went out and lost my heat and had to take it to the dealership to get it fixed. About two weeks after that my air pump check valves went bad and had to replace the entire apparatus at the dealership again. The repair for this last job alone was over 700 bucks. I live in an apartment and don't have access to a garage where i can fix these problems, neither do i have the tools to gain access to the areas around the engine for problems like this. This car was dependable for about 20,000 miles and since it has just been nothing but problems. Don't ever waste your money on one. Just buy a foreign car that is dependable and has working parts. If i get 200,000 miles on this car before it bankrupts me it will be a miracle. Worse than any of this was the feeling of uncertainty when i needed my car for traveling for work or not knowing if i would ever make it to where i needed to be without my car not working. You can't put a price on peace of mind when driving. If you want something dependable that won't break down and give you problems, don't buy a 2010 chevy impala.