Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Throttle Body, Engine Power Reduced

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2021, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle Body, Engine Power Reduced

I have a 2011 Chevy Impala which keeps going into limp mode. I have replaced the throttle position sensor as well as the throttle body. The car will run fine for a week or so and then out of nowhere, it goes into limp mode. What is the recall number for this issue? I can not throw more money away for this same problem.
Old February 1st, 2021, 7:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylwilk83
I have a 2011 Chevy Impala which keeps going into limp mode. I have replaced the throttle position sensor as well as the throttle body. The car will run fine for a week or so and then out of nowhere, it goes into limp mode. What is the recall number for this issue? I can not throw more money away for this same problem.
Is this a consistant issue as in the time frame this occurs? Next, when did it start, and besides the tps change what else has been done?
Old February 1st, 2021, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Is this a consistant issue as in the time frame this occurs? Next, when did it start, and besides the tps change what else has been done?
It comes and goes. After driving for a while the check engine light resets itself. Throttle body, gas pedal and starter. Only use 93 fuel. Brake system.
Old February 1st, 2021, 9:03 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylwilk83
It comes and goes. After driving for a while the check engine light resets itself. Throttle body, gas pedal and starter. Only use 93 fuel. Brake system.
Are you able to retrive the dtc?
Old February 1st, 2021, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Are you able to retrive the dtc?
It's been so many the last I got tonight was the throttle body needed to be relearned. But I know when that is taken care of it will be back to normal every other week. Never got a fuel system code. It also now starts to give an anti-theft system code.

Last edited by Sylwilk83; February 2nd, 2021 at 12:39 AM.