Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

transmission, lock problems

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2007, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission, lock problems

I have a base model 2001 Impala. It has just turned 58,000 miles on it and the trans is beginning to do some strange things. After a few miles, I can hear a whine coming from it and it also will jerk pretty hard out of gear (the most going from 1 to 2). It seems very hesitant, sometimes getting stuck out of gear for about a quarter to half second, then slamming into the next pretty hard. I can hear and feel it happen. I took it into a GM dealer and he said that it was most likely a stuck valve or something. Any ideas?

Also, my door locks have stopped working. My first idea was that it was the aftermarket alarm I had installed and had it checked out. The guy at the store probed it and said that I was getting a signal out of the unit to activate the locks but nothing was happening. I checked the fuse and it seems fine. I can still manually lock it, but the aftermarket remote and the stock door switches do not work. Any ideas on what to do or where to look for the problem?
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transmission, lock problems

i have that happen a lot with my 2004
when you floor it the gears switch really hard. not sure why, but I just think it not sports car capable in stock wise