Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

starting problems

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2015, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems

My car doesn't crank sometimes till 20th or so time trying. Sometimes it cranks fine. Been doing this for a week. My wife just told me that someone just with one hand fixed the ac where the pressure thing is while it was running. Whatever he done it immediately started working so she just got in and drove a few miles then the whole car shut down while going 65 on interstate with kids. Thanks chevy. He done whatever to the ac to make it stop working again then it crank and she made it home. So now I drive it and the starting up problem continues. Usually if it sits more than 30 minutes without running. Today i just touched the brakes and they hit hard and also my speedohmeter just went crazy. Chevy. Please don't kill my family. I love them very much. Fix my car. I want to stay American vehicles but I've never had safety issues with foreign cars.like I said. I love my family. Please help fix my car
Old July 2nd, 2015, 3:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonlangley
My car doesn't crank sometimes till 20th or so time trying. Sometimes it cranks fine. Been doing this for a week. My wife just told me that someone just with one hand fixed the ac where the pressure thing is while it was running. Whatever he done it immediately started working so she just got in and drove a few miles then the whole car shut down while going 65 on interstate with kids. Thanks chevy. He done whatever to the ac to make it stop working again then it crank and she made it home. So now I drive it and the starting up problem continues. Usually if it sits more than 30 minutes without running. Today i just touched the brakes and they hit hard and also my speedohmeter just went crazy. Chevy. Please don't kill my family. I love them very much. Fix my car. I want to stay American vehicles but I've never had safety issues with foreign cars.like I said. I love my family. Please help fix my car
Hello Brandon,

We truly apologize and understand how unsettling this may seem. We would be happy to look into this more for you, and assist the best way possible. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 2nd, 2015, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default my car info

Vin number is 1G1ZS52F54F211285. The Mileage Is 167477. Also, I forgot to mention that the alarm sounds almost every time we use the car. But, I really sincerely thank you for replying back to me. Just when I thought all hope was lost. Lol. We had the recalls supposedly fixed at riverside chevrolet in Rome ga. At least they said they fixed them. I think they did. We had to take the car to them 3 times. The first and second time was a failed attempt. So, I guess I would like to try the fort payne alabama dealership. Also I really hope there is a recall on what's happening to our vehicle because I convinced my wife to stop driving the car so now she doesn't work. Anyway, thank you so much for replying. It really means alot.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Contact number

Sorry. I left out a few things like. My contact number 2563001608 and my wife amelia 2565578798. Also the power outlet stopped I'm not sure exactly but I think at about the same time it started all the other stuff. I wasn't using it the first time the car done that so I don't know for sure. Thanks again. Brandon Langley
Old July 3rd, 2015, 2:32 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonlangley
Sorry. I left out a few things like. My contact number 2563001608 and my wife amelia 2565578798. Also the power outlet stopped I'm not sure exactly but I think at about the same time it started all the other stuff. I wasn't using it the first time the car done that so I don't know for sure. Thanks again. Brandon Langley
Hi Brandon,

Thanks for providing this information. As this is a public forum, and we respect your privacy, please include this information in a private message here on the forum. This will allow for us to give you a more detailed and helpful experience towards your current vehicle concerns. Once you send the message, please feel free to delete these previous posts for your personal privacy. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care