Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

2000 Monte Carlo LS wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2010, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2000 Monte Carlo LS wiring issues

I just bought a 2000 monte carlo from a friend that had it sitting in his garage. It was running and I went to check the trans fluid since it seems to be shifting a little hard, and when I went to put the dip stick back in I got a shock from where the dip stick sits. I tried 2 more times and wasnt able becaue I kept getting shocked. I eventually turned the car off and and put it back in. I was wondering why I got a shock from it? And also when it is at lower rpms it shows as if the alternator is going but I replaced that and I still have problems of it seeming to not have enough power. Any advice will be greatly appriciated. Thanks
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM
CF Junior Member

The only thing that could shock you to the point that you would feel it, would be the coil or ignition wires, start the car up in a dark area and look for spark jumping to the dipstick.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default electrical issues

i have an 02 monte ss, i built up the motor and over time for some reason the battery will kill itself and i have to either jump it or charge it up.. also, fog lights wont turn on, checked all relays fuses the bulbs and checked the wire endings with volt meter.. when i hit the switch nothin happens, and ideas?