New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

03 2500HD LB for me!

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2020, 1:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 2500HD LB for me!

Greetings all!

Just picked up this little gem of a truck earlier for $7995. 166k miles. 8.1L V-8 with the Allison tranny. 2wd long bed. Mechanically sound and drives like a dream. Interior is pristine. Only issue I could find was the wiper fluid didn't spray(reservoir full). Other than that it's perfect. 2 owner, service records. Locally raised.

I've been a huge Chevy van every since my Impala and recently bought a 26ft travel trailer so needed a truck. Looked and looked and always came up with GM as the best option for me... Super stoked that I found one in good condition at a great price! Very excited to get to know this truck and some fellow Chevy ppl.

Any tips and tricks I should look out for? I don't want to lift it or do anything drastic. Just a reliable tow pig that sips fuel like a lady and happens to enjoy a good low end bass massage.

Last edited by deafboyzaudio; October 15th, 2020 at 1:32 AM. Reason: add pics
Old October 15th, 2020, 9:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

good looking truck. with that wheel base, engine and trans it will tow fantastic. it will drink like a drunken sailor but i'd rather pay for gas than maintain a diesel.
Old October 15th, 2020, 10:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Oregon
Old October 22nd, 2020, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
good looking truck. with that wheel base, engine and trans it will tow fantastic. it will drink like a drunken sailor but i'd rather pay for gas than maintain a diesel.
Sorry for the delay, missed the email...

Haha yeah I did notice my first tow trip, 7k on the hitch, 60 mi with 90% of it highway i burned through about $40 of fuel.... Although I was going 80 most of the way lol.

Had to test out the power!!!

I was looking for diesels originally but couldn't find any without a million miles in my price range so went with the Gasser. Plus I heard they can be high maintenance and was a little wary of the cost since I've never owned a diesel and am not super familiar with them.

Later on I may get a diesel but for right now this works out great.

I went and bought a touch screen Navi today with back up cam so now I'm set with that.

Next purchase is an on board compressor to go with the bags the previous owner had installed...

Last edited by deafboyzaudio; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:11 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 6:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase, looks beautiful! A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old October 23rd, 2020, 5:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by carid
. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas.

I have a few trim pieces missing and a factory hole in the dash. Not sure what went in the hole so not sure if I want to replace it... Or even if the trim pieces are the right ones(I don't have a grab handle on the driver's a pillar and it's kind of awkward to climb in.)
Do you guys have access to diagrams for my specific truck to see what's supposed to go there? Or know where I can find some online? I want to avoid going to the dealership for that purpose.
Then I can decide if I want to replace it or not.

Thanks
Old October 23rd, 2020, 8:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

post a pic