New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

howdie everyone

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2009, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default howdie everyone

sup everyone. just wanted to introduce myself. CPL Baker, Stephen M. currently in deployment #2 in afghanistan. have wife and 3 year old daughter. i drive a 06 hyundai tiburon I4 and i joined because i used to have a 1963 chevy c-10. which my grandfather now has. he bought it for me when i was 16 for 300 bucks and i destroyed the original 283 ,/cry, and replaced with a 300 dollar 350 that a guy round town had just sittin' on the ground. said it was out of a early 80's chevy, don't know what. the truck still runs. has rust here and there. i worked it for about 2 years and just couldn't afford to mess with it. gas prices and all. he uses it for a "work" truck. he had one way back and i think he just wants to keep it to rebuild. i'm hoping to find some info on here on stuff i can help em out with. i know a bit bout motors but not everything by far. i know that it has a quadrajunk carb on it atm and i'm looking at replacing that. hopefully get some help on that here. also the wiring is a bit worse for wear. hopefully find something to help me out there too. anyways. that's me and my story, glad to be here!!
Old May 25th, 2009, 7:18 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to have you aboard and let me take the time on Memorial Day to sincerely thank you for your service.
Old May 25th, 2009, 7:24 AM
CF Beginner

oh snap. forgot it was memorial day! lmao. gonna eat some burgers here in a min. lmao. thanks for the thanks. hehe. i was seriously just looking at that beast of yours. lol. super nice ride!
Old May 25th, 2009, 7:32 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Thanks for the good words about the truck, click on "New Post" and you will see some mud truck pictures and a video link under "Sights and Sounds"
Old May 25th, 2009, 8:51 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Welcome to the forum! glad to have ya here.

Like Mudmaniac said, "Thank You" for your service!!! We look forward to helping in any way we can, just ask away, there is plenty of good info buried here as well.
Old May 25th, 2009, 1:17 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum. A big thanks for defending the United States.
That 350 could have come out of a number of things. If it has a low-rise spreadbore intake, its most likely a Camaro engine.
Old May 25th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your service my friend and welcome to the forum!! I would look at replacing your Quadrajet Carb. With an Edelbrock 650, it's a good upgrade!! Also when you get some time post some pics to look at. It sounds like a sweet truck! Have a great Memorial day and once again thank you for your service!
Old May 26th, 2009, 2:27 AM
CF Beginner

thanks for the welcome all. i'll look into that too suzukiguy. thanks for the tip. i'll try to find some pics, but like i said, lol. i'm in afghan, trucks in grandfathers hands atm. back in good ol' tn. but i'll send what i can find. my plans for it are to just get it running well atm. nothing special. eventually i'd like to strip it down and build it back up with him. try to make it like his old one he had back in the day ya know? thanks all!!
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:05 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome young man....grandpa's gonna appreciate your help and presence.
Old May 27th, 2009, 12:29 AM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the forums. We would love to help you as much as we can. It would be great to see pics from the start to finish of the project. Good luck over there return safe.