S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

The more I do the more messed up it gets.

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2020, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The more I do the more messed up it gets.

Hi folks.
I bought a 99 Blazer LS on the cheap a month or so ago........thought I could solve it's problems with the CKS/CMS P1345 code but after replacing both sensors,, fixing vacumn leaks, replacing the Coolant temp sensor, alternator, fuses to right turn signal and replacing the ignition switch.....I am getting more and more disgruntled............first I pulled the ignition/turn signal connector under the dash to test if the turn signal switch was bad.....everything checked out, but when I put the connector back into place, I had no idiot lights, no water temp gauge, no gas gauge, no mileage trip lights and no lights on the column shift PRND23......dome, floor, turn signals (got that fixed) Hd/tail lamps work as does the dash light......So I bought and installed a new ignition switch..........and now nothing works........I am currently relearning the start PMC as I bypassed the Passcode.......need some ideas......................I am thinking the box the ignition/multi switch connector fits into is bad as I can move it and things come on............but I can not find any reference to it...........

Last edited by Michael Loyd Story; August 2nd, 2020 at 2:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old August 3rd, 2020, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

What is the name of the electrical box, with male prongs, that the ignition/multi-switch connector under the dash, plug into?
Old August 3rd, 2020, 3:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Loyd Story
Hi folks.
I bought a 99 Blazer LS on the cheap a month or so ago........thought I could solve it's problems with the CKS/CMS P1345 code but after replacing both sensors,, fixing vacumn leaks, replacing the Coolant temp sensor, alternator, fuses to right turn signal and replacing the ignition switch.....I am getting more and more disgruntled............first I pulled the ignition/turn signal connector under the dash to test if the turn signal switch was bad.....everything checked out, but when I put the connector back into place, I had no idiot lights, no water temp gauge, no gas gauge, no mileage trip lights and no lights on the column shift PRND23......dome, floor, turn signals (got that fixed) Hd/tail lamps work as does the dash light......So I bought and installed a new ignition switch..........and now nothing works........I am currently relearning the start PMC as I bypassed the Passcode.......need some ideas......................I am thinking the box the ignition/multi switch connector fits into is bad as I can move it and things come on............but I can not find any reference to it...........
Since you bypassed the passlock, did it run before?
Old August 3rd, 2020, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Yes it was running fine, then stopped after several crankups. I bypassed the passlock with the old ignition switch as I did not want to mess with the new one......tried the relearn method several times, nothing.....put the new ignition switch back with the passlock connected and same results after trying the relearn method, several times.........I have discovered that several things work or not work when I move the box the connector is plugged into.......I think that box with the male prongs is loose or faulty connections inside......don't know its name or how to even pull it......some call it a bulkhead module some call it a convence module.......nothing on the internet concerning it.