Truck won't start - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Truck won't start

CF Beginner

April 18th, 2017, 4:23 PM   #1  
Truck won't start

Hi: I have a '94 C-10. Turn the key: a click that might be the solenoid, but the dash turns off & the door beeper stops. remove the key, wait awhile and it will do it again. turn the key immediately and nothing happens. suggestions?

CF Addict

Miami, FL.

April 19th, 2017, 9:29 AM   #2  
Check your battery and battery cables.

CF Beginner

April 19th, 2017, 2:03 PM   #3  
Posted By: oldchevy Check your battery and battery cables.
Thanks, that was part of it. Now the dash lights stay on but it still doesn't turn over. It's been sitting for 2 yrs on the coast, probably corrosion on electrical terminals. What's the easiest way to jump the starter?

CF Addict

Miami, FL.

April 19th, 2017, 2:31 PM   #4  
If your battery cables are corrosion free at both ends with tight connections then just jump it the normal way. You might have to connect the jumper cables and then let the car you are jumping from run a few minutes to charge up your battery some. you might have to buy a new battery.

CF Beginner

April 19th, 2017, 3:36 PM   #5  
Posted By: oldchevy If your battery cables are corrosion free at both ends with tight connections then just jump it the normal way. You might have to connect the jumper cables and then let the car you are jumping from run a few minutes to charge up your battery some. you might have to buy a new battery.
The battery is good. Problem is I can't see or touch the starter connections, I thought there might be a simple way that I'm missing. I'm attempting to remove the ignition switch but will have to fake the special tool it takes to remove the lock plate under the steering wheel (haven't done that yet). It's all probably designed that way to keep thieves out but it keeps everyone else out too.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send