Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

do people research what they buy

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do people research what they buy

I have seen more posts about guys not getting what they want and how to change it. I saw one where a guy got a new truck 2wd and wants to know how much trouble to make it a 4x4. Or I didnt buy a Z71 but now I would like to make mine a Z71.Or changing the sound sysem into a bose system.I researched the truck and got what I wanted. The only thing I did not get that I would of liked to have was bucket seats,and I am not about to go put buckets in it now.I know some of it has to do with cost but the things I mentioned all cost way less to have bought on the truck from the factory.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: do people research what they buy

Exactly. If your buying a brand new pickup you have options, people just need to slow down and do some looking around for a good price on a vehicle with all the options they want. This will be a lot cheaper and save you a lot of headaches on down the road. Very good point bubba
Old November 5th, 2008, 5:38 PM
CF Active Member

Heck when I bought my 2007 LTZ I knew more than the sales person. It does pay
Old November 6th, 2008, 3:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The fun thing about this model is there are a zillion aftermarket vendors out there which build for the model, if you don't like what you got when the warranty runs out, you have a lot of options for changing it or beefing it up. I got pretty much what I wanted originally, now I also can add great retrofits at reasonable cost, also.
Old November 6th, 2008, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

I agree with you when buying a new vehicle. However, for some people needs and wants change over time. I bought mine new in 1998 and actually got more options for less money by just shopping around and doing the research. Now, ten years later, my needs have changed.So there's stuff I want to add now, that I could have had when I bought it new, but didn't need or want then and didn't want to pay for them. Now I'll pay to add them.
Old November 6th, 2008, 8:46 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: jp.diddy

I agree with you when buying a new vehicle. However, for some people needs and wants change over time. I bought mine new in 1998 and actually got more options for less money by just shopping around and doing the research. Now, ten years later, my needs have changed.So there's stuff I want to add now, that I could have had when I bought it new, but didn't need or want then and didn't want to pay for them. Now I'll pay to add them.
Ok so you bought your truck brand new (lets say its a 2wd) and you decided 3 months later you wanted to make it a 4x4 thats what i am talking about. and I am talking about factory options that cost you alot more to do later.
Old November 14th, 2008, 1:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, you can't save people from themselves, if they insist on making poor decisions, they're the ones who have to live with it. What you CAN do is try to learn from their mistakes. If someone buys a 2WD and decides they wanted a 4WD later, I'd say they definitely DID choose unwisely in the first place. Of course, many times, you need to see what you need before you know what you want, that's the best reason for getting a scrummy POS for a first car or truck I can think of.
Old November 14th, 2008, 1:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Yep! Buying what looks cool on film or sounds cool when your friends talk about it, not considering your own needs and interests, is a ensuring a disappointment.