Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dual Exaust

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exaust

I want to put dual exausts on my 2000 Silverado with 6.0 and auto transmission.....I don't want a cat back system because that seems like it defeats the purpose of a dual exaust....can a second cat and muffler and tail pipe be added utilizing the existing cat and tail pipe and muffler just split the system where it comes off the manifolds. Or is there a complete system utilizing 2 cats 2 mufflers 2 tail pipes. I want to get as much power from the engine as possible...[8D]
Old February 4th, 2007, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Dual Exaust

I was wondering what size of engine you have, the stock exhaust on the chevy 6.0 liter is dual exhaust all the way back to the muffler then it is single out. The cheapest way to go is new mufflers and pipes. Also as far as I know no one makes a complete system for a 6.0. I have tried to find it to replace the front two pipes coming off of the exhaust manifolds because the flanges broke and would no longer hold the exhaust in place. I had to force myself to go and buy the two pipes from the dealer, rather expensive fix.
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

I would recommend "true" dual exhaust on any truck. Anything else just sounds like crap to me. I've got a 99 Silverado Z71 with true duals. I don't have mufflers on mine but I've heard others with flowmasters and they sound great as well. Just not as loud. I'm not real sure of the exact horsepower gain or anything, but there was a noticeable difference from before and afterwards. Here's a link to what it sounds like.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GgxNO9-L0
Old February 12th, 2007, 1:55 PM
WABOOMSHACKALAKA

"anything elsejust sounds like crap to me"
"...flowmasters and they sounded great"
[sm=wtf.gif]
Old February 12th, 2007, 2:13 PM
zazaman

i agree. that was a dumb post
Old February 12th, 2007, 2:13 PM
zazamanisgay

you sound like crap
Old February 12th, 2007, 2:15 PM
zazamanisgay

what a stupid name, Bob Vaughn, Bob is the name Girls and Champions. I don't see any champions
Old February 12th, 2007, 2:17 PM
zazamanisgay

By the way, what happened to that homo lonnie anderson? I hated that guy
Old February 12th, 2007, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

I was referring to exhaust system that start with one pipe and split to two compared to two seperate pipes from the engine all the way to the back. Having the two seperate pipes sounds a lot better than the other kind.
Old February 13th, 2007, 4:38 PM
lonnieanderson

oh, you showed me!!
naw, though, your truck sound like crap....
get da magnaflow, ya wussie!!!

Quick Reply: Dual Exaust