Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 Silverado 1500 Issues

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2020, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Silverado 1500 Issues

Hey all, my first post her but I'm getting desperate for some help. Off and on for the past couple of years I've run into an issue where my truck would just cut out. Felt like it wasn't getting gas and totally die. It's really hard to explain exactly what it was up to. I started with the easy stuff so I tested the battery and it wasn't where it needed to be so I changed it out. Solved the problem but just temporarily. About six months later the same issue started to happen again but more frequently. It usually happened after the truck sat overnight and sat parked. Once it got more serious it would happen as I was driving. Just shut cut out, stall, surge , rpms up and down and then die. Had a mechanic test my fuel pump and it was bad so I changed it. Solved it all. Temporarily. Check engine light came on and that threw a MAF code and a knock sensor. Changed the MAF and not the knocks and a couple weeks later the light went off before I had the chance to change them. Truck was continuing to run well after the fuel pump change and MAF. We're now three months later and just yesterday my truck very slightly surged while trying to accelerate from a light and then kicked back to where it needed to be. Then today, I parked in the driveway and not the garage and so my trucks nose was uphill. I went to pull it in after being parked there for ten hours and I turned it over and it started very rough, sounded like it wasn't getting gas, surged and died. Second the. It worked, ran a little rough but ran and then worked itself out. Got out and the exhaust smelled a little rich and stronger than usual. What is happening!!?? I can't seem to figure this out.

Last edited by Mike_axle; April 25th, 2020 at 12:25 AM.
Old April 26th, 2020, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

what is the concern at this point; hard start after sitting? any starting problems starting after refueling. any codes set; if yes post them.