Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Seriously disappointed

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2020, 6:19 PM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Seriously disappointed

Own an 2007 Silverado 1500 with active service stabilitrak light and airbag lights active again .
Really am disappointed in GM for not offering parts support for KNOWN ISSUES with failed “Genuine GM PARTS “ for Steering angle sensor issues in stabilitrak systems and front impact sensors in airbag restraint systems .

I have replaced both front impact sensors before to clear the airbag light .

I am not looking forward to changing the steering angle sensor on the steering column primarily because GM does NOT OFFER a 6 pin sensor for direct replacement .

I was able to locate an 8 pin sensor that is by others accounts supposed to fit and function properly .

When are the geniuses in Detroit going to realize that not all drivers or owners have a need to replace a vehicle “Just because” it is older than the legally mandated support period of 7 YEARS.
Case in point mine is 13 years old and still worth keeping around as opposed to the astronomical cost of New or recently used .

All we want is a little owner loyalty in the form of available parts for our vehicles because aftermarkets are lacking in quality and longevity / durability of product .

So how does one make an 8 pin sensor work where a 6 pin sensor was originally specified ??

Anybody ???

Updated status on issue . May 2 2021

Problems solved . Steering angle sensor was Not the issue . Steering column ended up 360 degrees off center when intermediate shaft c-v boots were replaced .

Air bag light was caused by data-bus error to the main body control module . There were 2 fuses in the engine bay fuse panel that were corroded clear thru and failed continuity check .

after disconnecting negative battery cable .
ALL fuses and relay connections were tested and had corrosion preventative grease applied to the sockets and terminals
Product used is “Truk-lite YK77” 2 fuses were replaced . The airbag light turns off after self test and passenger seat now shows when it is occupied .

Last edited by rcorn1031; May 2nd, 2021 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Updated status on issue
Old October 2nd, 2020, 7:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

post a pic of the sensors. are the connectors the same but the six pin has 2 blank pin chambers? What years is the 8 pin from?

don't buy a ford...they drop parts much sooner than any other manufacturer.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 7:29 PM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default sensors

I have not disassembled my truck yet .
I also have no pics other than what i have seen online .
I have received a new 19418403 sensor today
It has 8 pins in an 8 pin cavity and is listed to fit ‘13 cadillac escalade steering column
and the reference to the original 15886733 sensor is 6 pins in an 8 pin cavity as well as 6 leads in an 8 pin connector