Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Tranny Question

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2007, 1:46 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Tranny Question

every vehicle I have ever been in will drop a couple hundred RPMs as soon as you put it in gear, I dont see how the linkage would affect this if your not on the gass and it just drops down cause you put in gear, alls Im saying is everyone I have been in doesn it even my new Maxx, you putting load on the engine and of course the RPMs will drop if your sitting there not moving and foot on the brake....It shouldnt drop a whole bunch but a couple hundred RPMS is not much
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's exactly what I was thinking.Load is going to make the engine drop at least a few hundred rpms,but it shouldn't stall unless something is wrong with the fuel system or engine itself.
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:34 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

no it should not stall or really come close to stalling, but that depends on where the idle starts, if its idles at 500 and drops to 300 its gonna have a hard time staying running, it will want to stall,
Old October 29th, 2007, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MaxxSS know his onions so far . I would also look into your tps Throttle position sensor as well as your fuel regulator , then start checking into your injectors , I have a 97 4x4 mine has the spider pack under the intake manifold , I can relate immensley . Your fuel pressure will reflect okay yet it`s dumping down in the manifold I just went through the same shananaginns with mine . Among many other obsticales . We all have good idea`s & thoughts here really no one is wrong were just trouble shooting to see what may work here . I have also found that higher elevations effect your fuel mixture as well