Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Equalizer settings

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2007, 5:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Equalizer settings

Just got a 2007 Tahoewith single cd / dvd bose system without navigation. Have been unable to figure out how to actually get into the equalizer in order to make some changes. The best I can do is seewhere I can toggle back and forth between talk / manual but can't go any further by getting into manual itself Haven't been able to find anything in any of the literature I received with the vehicle either.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 4:22 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 07 Equalizer settings

I have the six disc CD, no dvd, but you should have the same button/dial that looks like a music note to the right of the display. It is the same dial you would use to scroll through radio stations manually. Anyway, push thatmusic note button and the equalizer settings should pop up for the mode you are in.Keep in mind you will have to go through all modes (CD, DVD, XM, Radio, etc.) and individually set theequalizer settings for each one.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 1:50 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't think you get the equalizer with the DVD/Nav setup. At least I don't have it on mine.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He hasdvd and NO nav. Should have the note in center of tune **** as described above.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
CF Junior Member

I have the DVD and no Nav, and I don't have any way to customize the settings in the EQ...if I recall, I think the manual said something about only non-Bose systems having the EQ settings?
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[align=left]Press the "Note" in center and set the bass, treble and midrange. The EQ button toggles between those settings and thepreset settings (Talk with Bose and theRock, Pop etcif you don't have Bose). See below.. This was cut from the manual under the DVD/CD version of the audio[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Setting the Tone (Bass/Treble)[/align][align=left]BASS/MID/TREB (Bass, Midrange, or[/align][align=left]Treble): To adjust bass, midrange, or treble,[/align][align=left]press the tune **** until the tone control labels[/align][align=left]appear on the display. Continue pressing to[/align][align=left]highlight the desired label, or press the pushbutton[/align][align=left]positioned under the desired label.[/align][align=left]Turn the tune **** clockwise or counterclockwise[/align][align=left]to adjust the highlighted setting. If a station's[/align][align=left]frequency is weak, or if there is static, decrease[/align][align=left]the treble.[/align][align=left]To quickly adjust bass, midrange, or treble to the[/align][align=left]middle position, press the pushbutton positioned[/align][align=left]under the BASS, MID, or TREB label for more than[/align][align=left]two seconds. You will hear a beep and the level will[/align][align=left]be adjusted to the middle position.[/align][align=left]To quickly adjust all tone and speaker controls to[/align][align=left]the middle position, press the tune **** for more[/align][align=left]than two seconds until you hear a beep.[/align][align=left]EQ (Equalization): Press this button to choose[/align][align=left]bass and treble equalization settings designed for[/align][align=left]different types of music. Your choices are pop,[/align][align=left]rock, country, talk, jazz, and classical. Selecting[/align][align=left]MANUAL or changing bass or treble, returns[/align][align=left]the EQ to the manual bass and treble settings.[/align][align=left]Unique EQ settings can be saved for each source.[/align][align=left]If your radio has a Bose® audio system, your[/align][align=left]EQ settings are either MANUAL or TALK.[/align]
Old May 4th, 2007, 4:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Oh yeah, I know I can adjust the Bass, Treble, Fade, etc, but most GMs I have had have always had the various Preset EQs for all the different music genres (Country, Rock, Jazz, etc, etc) - if you have Bose, you either choose Talk or Manual in the Tahoe...I don't mess with it much at all, since I listen to mostly country...
Old May 4th, 2007, 4:48 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bass, Treble, Fade, Balance (and Mid on some systems) is all you have access to in the user menu.

The old EQ settings were simply pre-programmed variations of Bass and Treble settings that most people rarely used.
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks all for your replies...didn't think there was any way to maually mess with equalizer settings other then the treble-bass-midrange thingy but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.