Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

'07 Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2007, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '07 Fog Lamps

You guys all talking about Fog Lights? My plain headlights won't come on. The brights do when you flick the switch but regular lights do not? Any tips on what to look for and where. Thanks. New here too! Dave[8D]
Old August 21st, 2007, 9:56 PM
CF Beginner

Check your fuse
Old November 10th, 2007, 4:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Cmon,there has to be someone that knows the answer to this.I am planning on taking my Hoe in this week and asking the machanics if they can wire my fog lights up.I have had them put in the holes for months now and they are getting tired of not being lit up.
Old November 11th, 2007, 2:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Could someone who has factory foglights check and see where the leadsplug in? Thanks.
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:08 AM
CF Junior Member

I just brought my LS to the dealer so they could add the foglights and they just told me that the "add on" foglights will NOT plug into the LS's harness and there is no way to add them by simply plugging them in and making them work.
Old November 16th, 2007, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Wow. Wish I found this post before I spent several hours taking the front nose off.. lol. I think I'll have a chat with my local Chevy Service Center because I find that hard to believe considering if you open the electrical box under the hood the the relay for the Fog Lamps is already installed (at least it was on my 2008 Tahoe LS). Currently in the same boat as SENECA. I do have to admit that the front nose looks better with the Lamps and the Chrome Toe Hooks installed than with the color matched filler plates.
Old November 17th, 2007, 7:25 AM
CF Junior Member

I was at the dealer the other day and the parts guy told me they show two different harnesses for the headlights. One with fog lamps and one without. Don't know for sure though. He said there might be a kit coming out soon to add then because so many people have been asking. Not sure if I believe that though.
Old November 27th, 2007, 1:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Ok,I got it right this time.It is a little more involved than just splicing onto the parking lights but it works perfectly with the OEM switch and is independent of the parking lamps the way it is supposed to be.[/align]I ran 2 wires from the fuseboxunder the hood (fuse 27) one to each foglamp purple wire on the plug in harness that goes to the foglights.I then ran the black wire from the foglights to the horn bolt and used it as a ground.It works perfectly in auto mode day and night.[/align]For the fuse power I used a fuse power splice I got from PepBoys and ran both the power wires that go to the foglights into the jumper that comes off its fuse block.[/align]If you have any questions let me know.The other way works but the foglights come on automatically when it gets dark and you cant turn them off.This way is the way it was meant to be.[/align]

Below is the schematic for a Tahoe/Suburban with foglights.You will see where the #27 fuse comes in.The thing is the fuse and Foglight relay are in the Hoe but are not hooked up to anything below the fuse box.If someone has a female fuse block plug they could actually wire the foglights into B5 where the foglights would be wired on the other harness.

http://chevrolet.justanswer.com/view...%2f1701118.gif
Old November 27th, 2007, 3:44 PM
CF Junior Member

So aside from installing the switch everything else is done under the hood?
Old November 27th, 2007, 4:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Exactly right and since there is alread a relay and fuse for the foglights that is not being used it is as simple as tapping into that fuse (on the protected side) in order to power them.As mentioned,I used the horns mount as grounds for each of the foglights.

Quick Reply: '07 Fog Lamps