Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

'07 Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2007, 4:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '07 Fog Lamps

Here are some diagrams and schematics on the foglight install.Everything is basically there excapet for routing of the "aftermarket" wires which is fairly easy.
For me I removed the headlights after dropping the front bumper cover a tad.Then the wiring was easy to do.I even used some of the exsisting convuluted tubing to run the wire from the fuse box to bheind the grill which is where I used my own tubing to run the wires to the foglights.I then zip tied the tubing in place and hooke up the wires and grounds.

http://chevrolet.justanswer.com/ques...ights-07-tahoe
Old November 28th, 2007, 6:43 AM
CF Junior Member

One other point.I did see the harness that would need to be replaced if someone wanted factory harness and it is not that difficult to replace.One would have to remove the top of the fuse box.(easy it has handles on it to pull it up and off)Then unplut one of the 5 harness's that are located there that supply power to the horn,lights,radiator temp sensor,brake sensor and a few other small plug in's.This particular harness runs out of the fusebox and around the front of the vehicle just behind the radiator.It would not be all that difficult to replace that particular harness.Its not like the whole underhood wiring would have to be replaced.
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

i was looking at your posting aboutadding foglights i have the switch off of a 07 tahoe ltit has the light switch in it is that the one you used for you light and then you ran two wires fromj fuse number` 27 so what does it take to program the switch in my tahoe
Old January 22nd, 2008, 7:08 AM
CF Junior Member

The switch with the fog light option is the one that I used so the one you have should be the correct switch.I did not need to get the switch programmed.I just simply ran the wires from the fuse to the lights and it worked.
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

hello everyone, I have installed the factory fog lights on my 07 Hoe. I have gone to the dealer several times doing the homework needed to install them by using the factory harness and switch. Here's the problem as per GM factory support, You can not re-program the BCM computer on the LS model to have fog lights, You would have to purchase a LT or LTZ BCM and have the dealer reprogram that unit to your trucks vin number and then program it to work the fog lights (very expensice to do)

So what I did was purchase the fog lights and short harness that connects to the fog lights from the dealer, or ebay if you can find them, The purchase a 12V relay from any auto electronic / stereo store. I ran wires as installing aftermarket lights from my dash board to the front of my truck in loom, connected the positive wire to the 12v lead coming out the front of the fuse box in the engine compartment Drivers side and the negative wire to any good ground, I used the bolt securing hte same fuse box just under the 12V positive connection. You can not use the fog light switch that comes in the LT's because the system works off the LAN and only supplies 5V out to the BCM whcih would have controlled the fog lights. so I used a single pole toggle switch and drilled a hole in the lower dash panel just under the dimmer switch. I then found switched 12 volts under the dash to supply the 12V through the switch to turn on the relay under the hood. I useda 20A and 5A fuses for the switch and relay and it works great. the system using less than 1A from the switch to the relay and about 7Aafter the relay under load.
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Didnt you read my posts concerning my factory fog light installation?Everything is working perfectly with minimal wiring and alo uses the factory switch with NO programming of the BCM.
There have been several other LS owners do the identical install with the same results.Everything works as if it came factory installed.

Old January 24th, 2008, 11:17 PM
CF Beginner

I did read you posts, I installed my lights many months ago and was told by my dealer that I couldn't use the factory switch since it was connected to the BCM. Is there two plugs on the back of it? one for the dimmer/ interior lights and one for the fogs? because I would hav eloved to be able to use the factory switch so it lookes factory installed even though I used a relay and aftermarket wirering.
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:28 PM
CF Junior Member

THere are two plugs that plug into factory switch.
I also brought mine to the dealer and they said they were unable to do anything as far as foglights,with an LS.They said I would just have to run wires to a aftermarket switch as you did.
So after investigation some wiring schematics and studying the fusebox.I came to the conclusion that it was indeed possible to get this to work.I would have been alright with an aftermarket switch but this was much easier do to the fact that all wires only run from the fusebox to the lights and that is all.No running through the firewall.
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

Absolutely right I also didn't want to run through the fire wall but it is done. One more question, by using the factory switch did you have to run a wire to the fuse box on the side of the dash or did you only have to put the fuse into the fuse box to supply the switch with the 12V? where did you find the 12V switched wire, at the headlight harness?
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:50 PM
CF Junior Member

All I did was find the fuse in the fusebox that turned on when the switch was turned on.Then I bought a fuse tap that stuck right into that spot and ran the wires from there to the lights.

If youwere to replace the factory switch (no fog lamp) with the factory switch (w.foglamp) the above mentionedfuse will be active and is live when the switch is on along with the foglamp indicator in the dash.

I didnt run any other wires other than the two from the fuses to the lights.Then grounded the lights right there and that was all.

Quick Reply: '07 Fog Lamps