Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

'07 Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2007, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Fog Lamps

Hello all,

First time poster here. Been trolling the boards for a while though, very informative/helpful community here. I'm looking to add OEM fog lamps to my '07 Tahoe LS. So I contacted my local Chevy Dealer's Part's Department regarding adding fog lamps to the 'Hoe. Here is what theysaid I would need in order to do so.The Lamps, a wiring harness for each lamp (GM #: 15789984)and a new switch (GM #: 15926099) with controls for the new lamps. They also said I would have to have the fog lights programmed. I was able to purchase a set of OEM fog lamps off of Ebay for $30.00. (Seller removed from his 'Hoe) So all I need is the harness's and switch.

I installed the switch and the lamps and that is as far as I got. My question is where do I connect the wiring harness's? Is there a stray wire I should be looking for? Do they connect to the Headlights? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Danny
Old February 19th, 2007, 12:18 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: '07 Fog Lamps

any update?
Old June 24th, 2007, 11:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Any news?I just bought these items for my LS and it would be nice to know for sure where they plug in before I start tearing things apart.

Thanks
Old June 26th, 2007, 8:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Cmon,someone has to know where to plug the foglights in......is there another harness required?
I just got done crawling around underneath my LS and cant find a harness that they would plug in.
Old July 20th, 2007, 7:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Still no answer?guess I will have to bring it to the dealer and ask them.
Old July 20th, 2007, 8:41 AM
CF Senior Member

there should be a main harness down there .If not you need to replace the harness for the one that has the fog light wirring pre installed
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:39 AM
CF Junior Member

I see a main harness,but I dont see where this would plug into it.

Thanks for the reply jazejeff.
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

HI, MUTTY HERE. I'M ALSO INSTALLING FOG LAMPS ON MY 2007 TAHOE LS, GM PARTS MANAGER SOLD ME TWO 15839896 LAMPS, 10359413 SWITCH, AND TWO 15789984 HARNESS PIG TAILS.

GM PARTS MANAGERSAID THE PIG TAIL HARNESS PLUGS TO THE BACK OF THE EXTRA ACCESSORY LAMP (CLEAR BULB) TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE CLEAR BULB/SOCKET BELOW THE HIGH AND LOW HEADLIGHT BULBS, NEXT TO THE AMBER PARK/SIGNAL BULB.

PROBLEM FOR ME IS, THAT ACCESSORY CLEAR BULB'S SOCKET IS FILLED WITH URETHANE ON THE BACK SIDE (CAN'T PLUG INTO IT OR REMOVE THE URETHANE), OBVIOUSLY TO PREVENT CORROSION, BUT THE PARTS MANAGER SAID THE HEADLIGHT HARNESS IS THE SAME PART NUMBER FOR LS AS FOR LT/LTZ?? I'M THINKING MAYBE THE REPLACEMENT HEADLIGHT HARNESS IS THE SAME FOR LS AS IT IS FOR LT/LTZ, BUT I THINK THE PRODUCTION HEADLIGHT HARNESS MUST BE DIFFERENT! IT AT LEAST NEEDS A DIFFERENT SOCKET FOR THAT CLEAR BULB? I CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THE LS's CLEAR BULB ILUMINATE!

HAS ANYONE SUCESSFULY FUNCTIONALLY INSTALLED THE OEM FOG LAMPS IN A 2007 TAHOE LS?? HELP!
Old August 21st, 2007, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Ive always wondered this same thing
Old August 21st, 2007, 6:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just found these on eBay. Not sure they actually fit (despite the claim in the ad).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...:IT&ih=007

If they do, that would be a great way to replace these dinky 'fog lights' with something that actually emits some light.

Quick Reply: '07 Fog Lamps