Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:03 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

'07 Suburban (or Tahoe) - Battery Drain - BCM Issue. Questions

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I'd forgotten about this...

Since I'm subscribed to this thread, I got Aussie John's post and it reminded me of this solved condition.
6 months later after the reflash, and all is good. Absolutely no indication of an electrical component glitch running down the battery. This is my wife's car, so it gives me peace of mind.
I'm not one to dash off to the dealer when I can do a repair/maintenance myself. I'll try almost anything. However in this case, this was a procedure that only a dealer can perform. Money well spent (even though it should have been free of charge )
The following users liked this post:
Nasser (August 9th, 2020)
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same symptoms. Will you help check into this for me as well? Thank you.
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> JPTL,

I would like to investigate further into the issue regarding your 2007 Suburban. Could you please PM me your VIN number so I may proceed.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 24th, 2016, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2000 Chevy Tahoe

I just got my alternator checked. It recharged my battery. It is charging consistently at 14. Seems ok.

I'm not a mechanic. What is BCM? And how do I confirm that is the issue. Could the issue be the alarm system itself (installed at Showcase Chevy) when I purchased the Tahoe 16 years ago. Again. My driver lock had originally gone out first. Had been like that for a while. No issues with battery or other locks at all. Just the annoyance of having to lock and unlock my own door manually. Since it didn't affect any other door. I paid no mind. And it never drained the battery. New battery drained pretty much completely in about 4 days of just sitting there. So two issues. Locks went out. And battery draining. Fuses working. Interchanged power locks and power windows fuses Windows worked fine. So not those fuses. When depress the door lock, I hear the clicking under the driver side. But no locking or unlocking. Just a clicking sound under driver side, at a long rectangular metal box with a connection at the bottom of it. I hear and feel the clicking there as I depress the lock switches. So no idea on the draining. Afraid of taking it to dealer and having to pay and arm and a leg...
Old April 18th, 2017, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

Hello sir.In question to this thread.I have a 07 Tahoe and I was having this issue so I heard about the BCM reprogram and I went to the dealership and had it done.It seem to help until about a year later it came back(Battery Drain)Is it common that I may have to have this reprogram done again
Old September 18th, 2022, 12:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, 07 Suburban, about 3 times in the past several years I have found the battery dead overnight, one time to the point the doors wouldn't unlock with the fob. It happened again yesterday. I recharged the battery overnight and did a scan and I got BCM low voltage, passenger presence system low voltage and radio, lost communication with BCM. I would expect to see low voltage with a dead battery so it really doesn't point to a possible problem. The first times I didn't have a scan tool but I did check for a current draw with everything shut down and didn't find any.