Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 Suburban - Service Suspension Warning - Help

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2012, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 08 Suburban - Service Suspension Warning - Help

I recently (Christmas Eve) had the Service Suspension warning come on, very intermittently (twice). It morphed into a slightly larger issue a few days later when the traction control kicked in; my radio and gauges shut off and then came back on and the power locks opened and shut - this happened two or three times. Then today my 17 year old went to fill up the Sub for his mother and the vehicle went crazy with the power locks going up and down, the gauges/instruments losing power and then getting the power back over and over and over, including the radio and the rear view mirror temp/direction gauge. This happened all the way to the gas station and back. My daughter filmed the issue with her iphone and it is too large to attach but I will email it it if anyone is interested. If you have any ideas or can help, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks-TK

Last edited by tjkusa; December 30th, 2012 at 3:12 PM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I would check the ground connections as well as all other battery connections..
Old December 31st, 2012, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check them, thanks!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 1:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tjkusa
I recently (Christmas Eve) had the Service Suspension warning come on, very intermittently (twice). It morphed into a slightly larger issue a few days later when the traction control kicked in; my radio and gauges shut off and then came back on and the power locks opened and shut - this happened two or three times. Then today my 17 year old went to fill up the Sub for his mother and the vehicle went crazy with the power locks going up and down, the gauges/instruments losing power and then getting the power back over and over and over, including the radio and the rear view mirror temp/direction gauge. This happened all the way to the gas station and back. My daughter filmed the issue with her iphone and it is too large to attach but I will email it it if anyone is interested. If you have any ideas or can help, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks-TK
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> tjkusa,

I'm sorry you experienced this issue with your vehicle. I agree with "in2pro", this may be due to a connection issue. There may be possible chafed, damaged, pinched, open or shorted wiring. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for an inspection.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 16th, 2014, 3:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone follow up on these types of issues. Seems serious! I'd like to know if it was resolved