Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

09 Tahoe Navigation part number

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2009, 8:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 09 Tahoe Navigation part number

I am bidding on an ebay auction for a new 09 tahoe navigation system with part number 25894203. I know there are two different kinds of nav for tahoes equipped with different options. Mine is an 07 LT2 with bose but no rear entertainment. Will this system work with my tahoe?
Old February 9th, 2009, 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

The auction says it is guaranteed to work and is for tahoes with bose and no rear entertainment. I just wanted to check with you guys and confirm.
Old February 10th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Might check GMpartsdirect.com and see if they say.
Old February 11th, 2009, 8:01 PM
CF Active Member

Find out if you have either UQA (amplified audio) or UQ3 (non amplified). If you have UQ3 you will only get very low audio out of the NAV radio. The Nav radio's are only built (software) for amplified audio (either UQA with out Y91 or with Y91). The GM dealer will only be able to program it for either non lux amp (Non Y91) or with Lux amp (with Y91). If your vehicle is Bose then yours should be UQA equiped.
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Adding an OEM Bose Lux Nav (#V15940102) to a UQA equiped 07 Tahoe

Originally Posted by charlie pachanga
Find out if you have either UQA (amplified audio) or UQ3 (non amplified). If you have UQ3 you will only get very low audio out of the NAV radio. The Nav radio's are only built (software) for amplified audio (either UQA with out Y91 or with Y91). The GM dealer will only be able to program it for either non lux amp (Non Y91) or with Lux amp (with Y91). If your vehicle is Bose then yours should be UQA equiped.
Charlie, from what I am reading. I should be able to install the 15940102 NAV unit into my Tahoe. Are you saying that it doesn't matter if I have a NAV unit originally out of a Denali with Bose Lux into my non-Bose Lux Tahoe? I have UQA option (amplied non-lux). From your quote, the unit just needs to be reprogrammed for non-lux amplied??? And I should not need to add anything else?

Thank you.
Old March 6th, 2009, 5:41 PM
CF Active Member

Nothing else just reprograming of radio is needed. If radio does not have DVD on the lower right of radio then it cannot play DVD's. It will just be NAV/am/fm/cd/xm controler.
Old March 6th, 2009, 8:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Adding an OEM Bose Lux Nav (#V15940102) to a UQA equiped 07 Tahoe

Charlie P:

A GM tech at my local dealership says that he is about 85% certain that he can reprogram it as you are saying. So that is good! I assume that the factory wiring connectors will match what I have?
I was reading elsewhere in this forum and it appears I may need the GPS antenna? Also, I have not quite figured out what the VSS harness is? Can you confirm if I need the GPS antenna as well as tell me what the VSS is?

Thanks again.
Old March 7th, 2009, 8:46 AM
CF Active Member

You will need the GPS antenna, without it the radio will not be able to figure out where on it map the vehicle is. The vss wire (vehicle speed sense) is needed so the radio can count the pulses from the abs/transmission module to figure out how fast you are moving. That way if you go under a long bridge or go thru something that completly blocks the sky the gps can still decipher where on the map you are.
You will also need to connect to VCM (vehicle comunication module-onstar), if you want voice guidence.
Good Luck!!!!!
Old March 8th, 2009, 6:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by charlie pachanga
You will need the GPS antenna, without it the radio will not be able to figure out where on it map the vehicle is. The vss wire (vehicle speed sense) is needed so the radio can count the pulses from the abs/transmission module to figure out how fast you are moving. That way if you go under a long bridge or go thru something that completly blocks the sky the gps can still decipher where on the map you are.
You will also need to connect to VCM (vehicle comunication module-onstar), if you want voice guidence.
Good Luck!!!!!
Charile:

I just read your post after replying to your other message. I see that I do need the GPS antenna. Thanks.