Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2005 POS 3/4 Ton Chevy Suburban multiple issues

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ousig2408
I would not ever compare Honda and Chevy reliability until maybe just recently...as much as I like our Tahoe I don't think after 177000 miles and 12 years it will have only had the starter replaced like my 99 Acura TL. there is a full page of stuff that has been replaced already on the Tahoe; luckly under warranty or recalls. sure with my Acura the normal wear and tear stuff has been replaced but everything else works good as new, navigation, AC, power/heated seats, power/heated mirrors, every light bulb, original power steering AND brake fluid even...heck I am even using the original HID bulbs and ballasts!

but still dont come on a forum like this to bash your Chevy for basically minor issues and expect to get much support. It honestly sounds like the 1st few dealers/repair shops you went to had 0 clue.

It is a cost of owning a big heavy duty machine, not as much of an issue with a small very light duty car.

but good luck because sounds like you are keeping your current ride
Yep, same experience with my Accord and Tacoma. Even my Yamaha R1. Just the absolute basic maintenance and everything still works great. Never changed the brakefluid, or power steering fluid in the Honda in 300,000 miles. LOL. Bulbs never burn out. How many brand new Chevy trucks/suburbans have you seen with 1 of the daytime running lights burned out? Ya, nearly all of them.

Nobody needs to get a sore head about it, I'm on a Ferrari forum as an avid Ferrari enthusiast. We all know that they are about the bottom of the barrel as far as quality goes, but we still love them. They fall apart and cost a fortune to fix, it's no secret and we all laugh about it.

I love the Suburban too, it cost me almost as much as a used Ferrari, I just wish it would work better than one. It's a great all around vehicle and tows my toy hauler. Plenty of room for the kids and room in the back for all sorts of my wife's junk.
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ha ya no kidding about the DRL on the GMs...1/2 of all the trucks look like they have 1 eye poked out. I am way too **** for that to ever happen to our Tahoe. I replaced 1 bulb over the license plate the same day I saw it was out. I do not mind fixing a few things here and there to keep it tip top shape. We plan on keeping it for 10 years unless we end up needing more room and get a Burb...maybe the new 2014 models will make a good upgrade come about 2017

all good though. like you say, these big beasts serve a purpose that not much else can fill.