Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2005 Suburban Power Seat and Heater Not Working

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2023, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Suburban Power Seat and Heater Not Working

Good morning everyone. I'm new to the forums and still learning how to navigate.

I have found multiple posts regarding this, but it has been a lot of hit or miss answers. So please forgive me if this problem has been answered 🙏😎

Ok, the problems... lol
~Driver side seat adjustment doesn't work.
~Passenger side seat adjustment does work.
~Seat heaters doesn't work on both sides.
~Airbag light is on (I heard this to be related to what's going on).
~Pedal adjustments work.
~Seat memory doesn't work, but makes a beeping sound when pressed.
~Nothing happens when the heated seat button is pressed even though I swear I heard a clicking noise one time in the door area.

What I have figured out so far. I checked the 30amp fuse under the dash and it's good. I have a connector that has been cut that I can plug in for the driver side seat adjustments that I can hook up my small jump box to. When I put power directly to the switch the seat adjustments work.

My next step is to pull the seat to look for any clear signs of problems. The main connector that everyone talks about with the orange and black wires being messed up appears to be fine.

I suck at diagnosing things and especially electrical issues. Thank you in advance for any guidance in this situation. Hoping to find some updated information seeing most of the threads I found were pretty old.

God bless,
Ramzo... 🙏😎

Old September 16th, 2023, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if you have memory seats its all controlled by a module. have the codes read by someone who has a scan tool that can access the memory seat modules. a cheap code reader won't work.
The following users liked this post:
Ramzo358 (September 16th, 2023)
Old September 16th, 2023, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
if you have memory seats its all controlled by a module. have the codes read by someone who has a scan tool that can access the memory seat modules. a cheap code reader won't work.
Ok... I'll take it to my buddies shop and see what they come up with. Thanks bud... 💪😎