Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem

Old April 12th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Hanske69 Welcome to the forum...
Do let us know if the latch resolves the issue and if you have to have it reprogrammed or not...
Take a few pictures of the process and the assemblies if you can...
Old April 12th, 2013, 2:25 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE LATCH WILL FIX ALL ISSUES!!!! I have a 2007. The damn latch stripped the ONE PLASTIC GEAR! There several metal gears and ONE PLASTIC!!! The plastic gear is the actual latch gear. My uncle got it for $100 NEW in FL (wanted $400 in NY) This fixed the REAR LIFT GATE, DVD PLAYER, AND THE GPS!!!!

I was furious that the rear door opened ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!!!! if i didn't have my HF Aluminum Rack with stuff in it I WOULD HAVE LOST ALL MY STUFF!!!!! And I was even more torched when it turns out the rear latch made the DVD/CD quit, GPS quit, and the entire lift gate!!! That was so frustrating... Then 2 months later I got rear-ended!! Total Bill $3800!! Other guys prob not mine And I got a WHOLE new door!
Old April 12th, 2013, 2:51 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Hope you kept the new old latch if it was salvageable.
Old April 12th, 2013, 4:17 PM
CF Senior Member

unfortunately no i didn't. Drove home which was only about 10 min and then my wife drove it to the collision center the next day. 2 weeks later we got it back. For a rental we a got a base level Hyundai Accent during winter! So i drove that. (good mpg tho..)

When i went to the collision center instantly got service parking assist... So it had to stay another 2 days... Then when we got it back i looked under the car when i got home and saw the 2 main wiring harnesses had new push clips but weren't pushed into the frame! they were hanging down really low! out them back in, then the back bumper was missing one the push clips for one of tabs that holds the plastic up, and the plastic foot board or whatever you call it on the back bumper is lose... its the only collision and they dont do good work... shame....
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power lift gate problems

Hi everyone,

I have order a new latch on my VIN code and it don't need to program the latch. Every problem is being solved now. The power lift gate works properly.
I has been taken approx. one small hour to open/close the trim panel , remove and installation the latch and testing !
The costs were 385 Eur = approx. 498 US dollar
thx everyone for the help and support

Hans De Ridder
Belgium - Europe
Old May 11th, 2013, 3:38 AM
CF Beginner

Hi,

here you can find the things you need for the vehicle
2008 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 1500 Parts - GM Parts - Genuine Replacement GM Parts - New GM Parts

grtz
Hans
Old May 29th, 2013, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default I'm having the same issue.

I'm having the same issue with my Suburban. All the noises but no action! Has anyone found a better solution?
Thanks!
Old May 29th, 2013, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default same song different model

I'm having the same issues with a 2008 LT. noises but no action, other than unlatch. Key fob and console button don't do anything... I see that the latch fixed one but mine is an '08 and the epay price is 200 bucks.... don't want to spend it if it's not the fix I need

suggestions, ideas, cwags ????

john
Old May 30th, 2013, 3:25 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by timlieb
I'm having the same issue with my Suburban. All the noises but no action! Has anyone found a better solution?
Thanks!
Replace the latch and it will work !!!!
Old June 12th, 2013, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem with my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Any updates on this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem