Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Liftgate Problem

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2011, 4:46 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Nipp456: Welcome to the forum.

I'd check the wire bundle between the body and the hatch for a broken wire.
Old December 1st, 2011, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, In the hopes to fix my liftgate issue(and not spend $1000) I am hoping you can help me. After an hour or so searching I found this thread and you seem eager to help. I have a 2008 Tahoe and the liftgate won't open. Motor runs, latch appears to unlock but no movement with the liftgate (and I know about the switch on the headliner.)

Its over the warranty on mileage, but as with several things I have found with this Tahoe I think its reasonable for things to work at least three years. I have already personally replaced 2 of the 4 power door locks...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Kevin
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

My power lift gate stopped opening yesterday. Tried the button near the rear view mirror, key fab, and handle on lift gate--it's dead. Any suggestions? I have a 2011 suburban.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 6:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpriley
My power lift gate stopped opening yesterday. Tried the button near the rear view mirror, key fab, and handle on lift gate--it's dead. Any suggestions? I have a 2011 suburban.
Have you checked the fuse that powers the lift gate?

However, you have a 2011!? I would assume you are still under warranty. If that is the case, and this is probably not what you want to hear, but you should take your Suburban right to the dealer and have them fix it. Especially because it shouldn't cost you a cent.

Last edited by ChevyFreak; December 3rd, 2011 at 6:50 PM.
Old December 5th, 2011, 3:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Tpriley,
I'm sorry to hear of your liftgate problem. It may be best to set up an appointment with your dealer, assuming your vehicle is still under warranty. They should be able to find and fix the problem relatively quickly.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 5th, 2011, 8:24 PM
CF Junior Member

I've had something like this happen a couple of times in the four months I've owned my '07. Both times I've attributed it to operator error (teenage daughter not knowing how to work the controls, and messing something up). Now I'm starting to wonder...

1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL (Wife's)
1998 Mercedes Benz S420 (Wife's)
1995 Mercedes Benz C280 (Daughter's)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 3LT (MINE!)
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

any ideas on what could be the problem my power lift gate stopped working tonight ..its to late to look to see if it has the wiring problem that is in the chevy TSB will check tomorrow after work ..also my truck in out of warranty so i am trying to stay away from the dealer
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
checked the fuses as recommended by previous posters, also if its really cold out the shocks may not work as well and the motor is not able to over come the weight of the gate on its own... wait till it warms up a bit.
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Suburban liftgate latch stuck

Does anyone have the part number for the rear liftgate latch? I can only find the rear window latch assembly online. Thanks!
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I replaced mine I had trouble finding it on line. The dealer had it for about $60.
The following users liked this post:
Bob Farag (December 3rd, 2019)

Quick Reply: 2007 Liftgate Problem