Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

2007 Tahoe has lost its mind....

Old November 9th, 2010, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my battery went bad, the whole electrical system were haywire.
Old November 9th, 2010, 9:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah.. GM needs to man up and say they have a problem. Its not just specific to Tahoes and Suburbans. Its all models with Stabili Trak.
Old November 10th, 2010, 8:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Update

The Chevy dealer called me today with good news and bad news. The good news is that the truck is not acting up anymore. They had it for 3 days and went thru all the applicable service bulletins and checked everything they could. Even called GM tech line and they had some suggestions. They do not have a clue as to what was causing it or if they fixed it. Oh, and there was no charge for 3 days working on an out of warranty Tahoe..... HMMMMM.... sounds like they know something they are not telling the rest of us..........
I will keep updating as things progress.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default had a similar problem couple of years ago

2008 Suburban AWD. First road trip with less than a thousand miles, stabilitrak and traction control warning lites on dash came on and stayed on. Could not get them to go off even by stopping and restarting engine repeatedly. Was out of town so called ONSTAR to see if any codes had been entered. None showing. Finally lites went off by themselves after about 5-6 more start/stop cycles.

Continued to have the problem with these warnings on an infrequent, momentary basis, ONLY when turning right at a specific corner in my neighborhood where the road goes downhill rapidly after the turn. Wheels were NOT spinning, so no reason for the indicator lites to come on. Back to dealer several times and never was a code left in the computer. Finally got a mechanic to go with me and duplicated the problem with him in the car. That got everybody on the ball and calling GM tech line, as even though the tech saw the light and experienced the problem himself, it would not leave a code.

They had the vehicle a couple of days and downloaded some "upgrades" from GM to the ECU. Said it was fixed. NOT. Continued to do it so took it back again and they finally installed a new computer. That did not fix it either so they got another computer and installed that. Finally fixed and have had no further problems, of that type anyway. Am still having problems with tow mode in transmission which I have described on another thread. I will see if I can find the work order, which I kept, as it may have some information that could be helpful. If so I will post it.
Old November 11th, 2010, 9:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default What my work order said re: traction control message coming on

Found the work order. This is dated 10-15-09. It is a little lengthy so bear with me.

QUOTED FROM WORKORDER:

I have removed the names at GM that were talked to and that is represented by a line of periods as in .............

Customer states traction control message coming on while driving while making right turn.

Caused by:
Shorted wire in circuit 2087, damaged EBCM and YAW! (dont know whether the exclamation point after the word "yaw" is a typo or not) Used scan tool and checked for codes. Found one code C0561 in the EBCM, this is a secondary code and there are no other primary codes stored in any system in the vehicle. Contacted TAC due to no other codes and spoke to .......... TAC Case #11070169. Told me to ride with customer and try to duplicate and take "snap shots". Road tested with owner, duplicated concern, but NO FAULTS registered on the snapshot.

Installed 25853666 : Module (04720-CT)
Installed 15877021 : Sensor (07440-CT)

While trying to retreive information from EBCM, it would not communicate. Rechecked for Codes, now it had U0121 in TCCM and TCM. Checked power grounds to EBCM-OK, found PIT4056D to check circut 2087. Found was shorted to the rear camera module and wire blackened as well as terminal inside YAW sensor. Repaired wire and was still unable to talk to EBCM. Replaced Yaw senson and still unable to talk to EBCM. Called TAC and was told to check all GM lan lines to EBCM, found circuts 2500, 2501 all good to ALDL. Called TAC back, talked to ......... He said to bypass VCIM by jumping circuts and try to communicate with EBCM> Still would not communicate. Called TAC back. He said to replace new EBCM. ..........., Master Consultant from TAC called back and had me run more tests on system, still needs new EBCM. Installed another new EBCM and it now communicates, but won't program. Called techline and got VCI number and programmed. WCC #28B10 reassembled all and road tested and now all OK.

END OF WORK ORDER.

This work took from 10-15-09 until 10-22-09 per the work order, and GM furnished me a rental Suburban at no charge while they had my vehicle. I was very pleased with the outcome, as they did get the vehicle repaired, BUT the main thing I found out was even though you have problems, CODES ARE NOT ALWAYS LEFT IN THE COMPUTER, leading to problems diagnosing the problem. I finally got this fixed by being able to duplicate the problem with the technician with me so they knew I was not "seeing things that were not there". Once they were convinced there was a problem, they stayed on it as is indicated in the content of the work order till it was fixed.

Another thing I learned is the "event recorder" that is used to try to find problems when no codes are left in the computer, does not always work either. The tech mentions this in his remarks on the work order. That is another problem I am fighting right now with pulling a trailer in "tow mode" and
have been given an "event recorder" two different times, recorded the problem, and then they were not able to download the recorded events on their equipment. Moral to the story is you sometimes have to stay with it (the problem) to get it fixed. Now they depend so much on the computer having a code, that if there is no code recorded, you don't have a problem, as far as they are concerned. ALSO AS YOU CAN SEE, THEY HAD MANY PROBLEMS COMMUNICATING WITH THE COMPUTERS THAT WERE REPLACED.

Hope this info is helpful.

Last edited by Bill Van Steenwyk; November 11th, 2010 at 9:52 AM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. Keep after them on the tow mode problem.
Old November 13th, 2010, 8:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Default I had a similar issue ....

From my post back in 6/10:

" 2007 Suburban Computer confusing Gas for Ethanol ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you guys can help me out . 2007 Suburban (Flex fuel) 35k miles on it . Was running fine then started giving me starting problems, it would not start on the first attempt ,it would take either 2 or 3 times to start . Service engine light came on, Stabilitrak, Traction control kept coming on and off . Dealer said it was the fuel pump and replaced it . Pulled out of the Dealer and 10 minutes later SEL came back on again , Stabilitrak and Traction control lights came on again, but truck has been starting on first attempt . Dealer said the spark plugs must have gotten burnt when the fuel pump wasn't working and gas was running lean , so they replaced spark plugs, but SEL was still showing trouble . They worked a long time on the car and couldn't find the trouble, called GM and after an hour and a half , they concluded that when the Fuel pump wasn't running right , the Computer thought it was running on ethanol and not gas they said they reset the Computer and it's fixed.I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning and going on a long trip over the weekend ,I'm a little concerned about getting stuck , does what they say happened make sense ? Antbody come across a similar issue in their experience ? THANKS
I have to add , the fixed worked ! I have not had any problems since June , and the truck is being returned this week as the lease is ending, have your dealer check the computer to see what it thinks it's running on ..... Hope this helps
Old November 14th, 2010, 6:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Well, we have had the Tahoe back since Friday evening. Drove it about 300 miles this weekend. It did great Saturday. But today it started doing the crazy stuff again. Back to the dealer again in the morning........................................... .............
Old November 23rd, 2010, 7:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Just a little update for ya'll. The Tahoe is still at the dealer. They cant figure out what is wrong with it. It is still acting crazy. I wonder how long they will fool with it before giving up........ and what my course of action should be if they can't figure it out............
Old November 23rd, 2010, 8:52 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

If they say they can't fix and won't take it back, then time to check out your state's lemon law.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe has lost its mind....