Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

2007 Tahoe has lost its mind....

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2010, 9:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently bought my grandson a 2007 Cobalt and had almost the exact same problems you are describing, took the car to a chev dealership and they said it needed a PSCM (power steering control module) to the tune of $875, so I said no thanks paid the diagnostic bill and went to another dealer and bought the steering column with the PCSM attached as that is the only way it comes, installed it myself and you guessed it the exact same problems. I then took the car to another larger dealer and after a few hours of diagnostics fixed the car with no parts required! It turned out to be a broken (internal break) high speed lan wire between the two main computers (not the PSCM)! The wires in these vehicles are real tiny and subject to easy breakage I was told by the tech. You just may have the same problem and you need a tech that knows what he is doing.
I submitted a claim to GM to re-coup the $355 the steering column cost due to the erroneous diagnostic by the first dealer and lo and behold I got a check back for the full amount!
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the engine off, you can try disconnecting the negative and positive cables from your battery, and then holding the cable tips together for 15 seconds or so to reset the computer.
Old December 29th, 2010, 2:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gene, thanks for your input on this. I know there are alot of other GM owners out there have these problems but can't get anyone from GM or any of the dealers i have been to, to admit that there is a problem. I am really sick of the run around. GM customer service is not any any help. I guess they are trained to just say "we are working on it and we want you to be satisfied". Other than that, there is no straight answers from them. How did you submit the claim to be reimbursed for the bad diagnostics? I am very interested about that. I have been getting a line of BS about being reimbursed by the dealer for repairs that have not fixed the problem.

Thank you for your time...

James
Old January 30th, 2011, 12:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Just another update here.... My Hoe is still at the dealership. To date they have replaced PCM, BCM, TCM and are now checking serial data lines for bad connections and or broken wires.... GM has still been no help. Customer service has stopped calling. Just as well though, they are USELESS. Still have not been able to get my money back from DOSSETT GMC in HATTIESBURG MS for bad diagnostics. They said the BCM would fix it.. NOT!!!!....... Guess I'm just gonna have to send it to auction and take a beating on it....
Old February 4th, 2011, 5:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Update.... again..... They have replaced the positive battery cable??? said the resistance was too high in it??? and replaced the terminating resistor in the hi speed data line. Picked it up today. I guess time will tell.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 3:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Its been a few months and its still doing fine. I think they got it figured out.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 5:29 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Good to hear, not to make light of your plight, but it seems lots of folks on this forum were pointing to battery connections early on, kinda odd that the service techs did not take this approach and instead chose to go for the high dollar electronic components first...
Old November 14th, 2011, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo B
We had a total of 21 days at Ryan Chevrolet last month. They still have not been able to come up with a solution. They say they can get any hard codes out of it and when they drive it, it doesn't act up. I picked it up and about 15 miles later, all the symptoms were back. I wonder if they just are scared to put in the required time it will take to fix it, or if they actually dont have a clue as to what could be wrong. I purchased an inexpensive scanner (CP9575 Actron) and got the following codes.

P0700 Trans control system MIL request
P2544 Torque mangment system input signal A
U0073 Control Module communication bus A off
U0100 Lost comunication with ECM/PCM A
U0101 Lost communication with TCM

It seems to me (not a mechanic) that the problem may lie with the TCM or the communcation cables/connections that feed it.

I see that there is a TSB that gives some of these codes and a possible solution. (Backed out terminal in transmission wiring harness).

Does anyone know where the TCM is located and which wiring harness they could be talkng about??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jimbo

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with my 2007 Tahoe. Door locks, guages, interior lights acting up, ABS, Traction Control, Stabilitrak, Brake Lights on, chimes going off. Took it too the dealer, they said it was the BCM...They replaced it ($600 repair). Drove it home at 5:00pm, same things starting to happen gain not even an hour later. When I went there, I told them "if you replace something and it doesn't fix the problem, I'm not going to pay for it" They just shook there head saying, "of course!" Uh huh. Well, before I take the truck back down there again tomorrow (another wasted day), I'm going to dispute the charge on my credit card. Also, whomever replaced the BCM, apparently took a knife and cut the bracket off of the AC ducting to get at the BCM under the dash and now this piece of ducting is just dangling under the dashboard. I have had it with this dealer. Every time I go to this dealer, whatever the issue, big or small, it's always at least 2 trips. One to fix what I went there for, and the second to take it back to fix the things they broke.
Old November 15th, 2011, 7:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Per engineering at Chevrolet, they replace the terminating resistor in the wiring harness (its near the spare tire) and they replace the battery cables ( said the resistance was too high) and i have had only one little hiccup since then(its been a year now) and it only lasted about 5 seconds. i think they finally got it right. I requested to see an area rep from Chevrolet and he is the one that got enginering involved. It was a painfull process over about 3 months to get it fixed. But in all I only paid out about 200 bucks. and they replaced 5 diffrent modules at 2 diffrent dealers.
Old November 15th, 2011, 8:59 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am sorry to hear of all your frustrations. I would like to investigate this issue further. Could you please pm me your name and VIN number? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe has lost its mind....