Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

2007 Tahoe has lost its mind....

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Tahoe Tried to Kill Me... AGAIN

Quick update to my last post: Had my accelerator position sensor replaced about a week ago in hopes that this would solve the problem of the "service stabilitrak/lost traction control/reduced engine power" issue, but no dice... Same issue came up on the highway yesterday, car wouldn't accelerate so I had to throw it in neutral and coast off the nearest exit. Turned the car back on five minutes later and drove it back to the repair shop for round 2. Really hoping this match doesn't go a full 15 rounds...

Last edited by TahoeFromHell; February 28th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old March 14th, 2012, 2:48 AM
CF Beginner

I am currently experiencing the exact same issues as TahoeFromHell and Jimbo B. The only difference being that my vehicle has never actually died on me and it almost constantly acts up. It's spent a week in the shop over two visits which have solved nothing. After driving about 6 miles the first time and 8 the second time I started experiencing the same thing again and it was back to the shop. So far they have replaced the transmission wiring harness as listed in the service bulletin as well as a bad connector in the transmission. This is on a 2011 2500 pickup with about 10,000 miles on it. Fortunately for me it is still under full warranty, but obviously it does not matter much what the age of the vehicle is, it can happen to anyone.

I'd be interested to know how TahoeFromHell and Jimbo B are making out, any more updates guys? I'm really hoping for a solution here but it's not sounding good! I'd hate to trade for a Ford but this is ridiculous, this is obviously more than an isolated incident or two from what I have seen here and on other forums. Glad my '08 Suburban has been solid so far!

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, it seems like this is one of the best ones I've found and I just thought it made sense to add to it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default Another Update

After another trip to the shop, the problem persists... I had about 140 miles between incidents the first 3 times, but now it is happening pretty regularly. My next step is to take they Tahoe to the dealer, as the mechanic I had been going to said there's nothing more he can really do. I'll continue to post updates as they happen...
Old March 14th, 2012, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks TahoeFromHell, I hope you will have some luck with your dealer. I've wondered if the dealer I bought it from could have covered this issue up somehow? I put about 1,000 trouble free miles on it since I bought so it just doesn't seem possible. Hard to believe my luck could be that poor though!

Last edited by Stubblejumper; March 20th, 2012 at 3:43 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 8:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After 3 months of working on mine (at two diffrent dealers) I threw a damn fit and demanded that Chevy do something. They has replaced several control modules and checked the trans wiring harness to no avail. Detroit got involved and sent someone down to look at it. He checked resistance in the positive and negative battery cables and recommended replacing both due to high resistance. he did that and replace the terminating resitor in the wiring harness. (near the spare tire, underneath the vehicle). It has done great since they did that.....
Old March 15th, 2012, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Jimbo B, I had read that post, I guess I was just wondering if the DIC issues you posted about had anything to do with the original problem or if it was something else entirely?
Old March 30th, 2012, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Problem Solved (I hope...)

Well after taking my Tahoe to the dealer, it would appear that the problem has been fixed as I have logged >200 miles without any issues. After describing my problem and the steps I had already taken, the dealer decided to replace my throttle body, even though I haven't been getting any engine codes for it since I had it cleaned several months ago. Turns out, cleaning the throttle body can temporarily fix the problem, but it can also mask the problem if it needs to be replaced (engine started throwing off codes for the accelerator pedal position sensor and other related things). Hopefully this will help some of y'all as well.
Old July 1st, 2015, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

Post 2008 avalanche cluster and power issues resolution

Had the same issue with my avalanche. Cluster was going crazy, transmission would shift hard as hell, service stabilitrak, parking assist off. ...... problem is definitely a ground. Mine was the ground from the firewall to the back of the block. Pain in the butt to get at! (15mm). Ground wire is right next to the master cylinder. Just replace it, don't waste time cleaning it. Good luck
Old December 18th, 2015, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default help

I have a 2007 chev suburban LT 5.3.
The stabilitrak light and check engine light flashing fast, message reads service stabilitrak and traction control system. The car starts shifting hard and there is a awful noise under the hood. This is happing like a blink caution light, not stop on, off, on , off.
the code that it is reading is U0101
They have replace the computer cluster, they spliced the wiring so I have only 5 wires spliced under the steering wheel above the break and under the hood into the main harness. The only time this happens is when it rains. It will no t stop now. The dealer stated that they wiring was done right. I can not get any help and my extended warranty is out by 2,000 miles.
I have replaced the throttle body. I do not know what else to do.
Old December 20th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
When I look up code U0101, I see Transmission control module...
Reading your symptoms of it only happening when its raining tells me the weather seal on the TCM and its connection are not water tight...
I would recommend having the TCM and its connection cleaned and sealed properly with dielectric grease....

DTC U0101 00: Lost Communication With Transmission Control Module (TCM)

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe has lost its mind....