Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2013, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about filing a class action in Arkansas. Anyone in Arkansas interested in being a nominal plaintiff please pm your info. Thanks. Mike
Old October 8th, 2013, 10:25 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default 2004 tahoe engine notrunning intermitient

Some times the motor stops running,changed all fuel filters,fuel pressure is solid 45 psi even when it does not want to run right pressure remains the same 45
Old October 9th, 2013, 9:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

I'm obviously new here, and did not join this forum to complain about the dashboard cracking. Yet the first thing I noticed was two threads in the two areas of my interest, that being AV's and Subs. I have each model, both 2007's, and both have the exact same cracks in the exact same places.

Both look practically new because of my maintenance and care, one being a show truck(AV). Yet when you get inside, the pristine interior looks bad because of the cracks.
Old October 15th, 2013, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

I have 08 Suburban and the same problem. I buy it new. At the service department they told me that it's known problem and they will replace it for $ 100.00 deductible. I don't have warranty anymore either. I have on it just 21000 miles. You know I'm P.....
Old October 16th, 2013, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Just had my dash replaced for the second time in two years today. Charged $250. I have a good service department but unfortunately I get to see them way too often with this Tahoe. This was the 5th time this year for problems and when they were pulling the car around for me they noticed that the left Engine mount was broke. So it will be back in the shop again next week for another $391. There were other nearly new Tahoe's in there having the dash replaced at the same time. I was able to see one on a 2012 partially re-assembled. Definitely a lot of work. Seems like GM would have corrected this defect rather than continuing to use the junk dashes. As much as I like this truck when it is working, it has clearly been the worst new vehicle purchase I ever made. More significant problems than every vehicle I have owned in the past 25 years combined. The quality can't be much lower. I've never liked Ford b drive a newer Expedition when the Tahoe is in the shop and it has never had any issues.
Old October 18th, 2013, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Well we just finished our 3rd complaint, still NOWHERE. Our passenger side dash crack is now well below the airbag Cover. Does anyone think this is an issue? Instead of having the dash fixed like we would like, they offered us 1600$ a new car. WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCT!! Ford or Dodge has squarely been put into our radar. I will glady trade this POS in for a new Ford or Dodge. Blown off and Igored again by Chevrolet!!
Old October 18th, 2013, 4:26 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

All I can say is do you homework and go too all the forums before you buy

Dodge isn't exempt...Ram Dashboards Cracking

However the Ford has a good dash.. just major engine problems...
US government investigating Ford F-150 engine problems - SlashGear

It has been my experience here in the forum that Chevrolet does attempt to work with owners, but it has to be a two way street...
Having less then 100k miles and being the original owner help a whole lot...some get them for free, some them for a deductible...
Old October 19th, 2013, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

The poor quality by the american car companies, particularly with the trim and electronics is very unfortunate. I like to support american business which is why I purchased the Tahoe. In the 90's I became frustrated with the bad quality of the Ford's and Chevy's and switched to the Toyota SUV's & Acura cars. In 15 years not one of them visited the shop for anything beyond routine maintenance. When I purchased the Tahoe, I quickly found that the quality was 10x worse than before. I really do like the vehicle or I would have gotten rid of it by now. I just wish they would get their act together on quality.
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

I too have the exact same cracks in the dash of my 2007 Yukon. I found this thread after searching the net to gather info on how common this is. I emailed Jennifer T. who is a GM rep on another forum that I frequent and she opened up a case for me. My results were typical GM Customer Service. The person Tawanda, called me from GM and basically told me since there was nothing attached to my VIN regarding any bulletins and I am not the original owner (even though I paid roughly 30 grand for a truck that had around 30k mi). I pointed her to a thread that has well over 250 responses in regards to the exact same cracks, she wasn't interested. There's also a video on YouTube where some guy gets in a handful of 2007+ Yukons/Tahoes/Burbs/Escalades etc... and they ALL have the same cracks, again she wasn't interested. I emailed Jennifer back, and really hope they have a change of heart and actually correct such an obvious flaw. In my 3 experiences GM Customer Service has always frustrated me and have been about as helpful as Syphillis.

Tawanda actually asked me, "have you taken the vehicle in to have it diagnosed?" I was speechless! It's a freaking dashboard! It's cracked! LOL are they going to use a scan tool to verify it? What kind of retarded question is that?

In any event I wanted to share my experience over here with you guys also. If anything changes (we're talking about GM here though) I'll be sure to post back. To the poster who is collecting case numbers, mine is 71-1241341316. I'm definitely filing a NHTSA report and anything else I can find to shed light on these crappy dashboards and matching customer service.
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

mentalattica,

I have just reviewed your case. Please keep me posted once you are contacted.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????