Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2014, 8:03 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't know if this is the problem as you will need to do some troubleshooting but it could also be the blower motor resistor/control module

Amazon.com: ACDelco 15-81638 GM Original Equipment Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Control Module: Automotive Amazon.com: ACDelco 15-81638 GM Original Equipment Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Control Module: Automotive

Old November 10th, 2014, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help, it ended up being the blower. Replaced it yesterday, now everything works.
Old November 10th, 2014, 1:10 PM
Administrator

Excellent, thanks for the follow up how where you able to diagnose the blower as the cause?
Old November 11th, 2014, 6:29 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Excellent, thanks for the follow up how where you able to diagnose the blower as the cause?
Checked all the fuses that had to do with the blower, checked the connections and everything looked good. I finally checked the blower and heard it was making a very light humming sound when the AC was on. Used a 30% coupon at advance autoparts and the bought the blower for $64.
Old March 10th, 2015, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Tahoe Front Blower not working

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this same concern, joe6749. We are here to help if further assistance is needed with this matter. Feel free to send us a private message referencing this thread if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Good morning Mrs. Chevrolet Customer Service guy...

My wife's 2012 Tahoe's blower stopped night before last, and just like most of all the other post on here, the rear blower, A/C & heat still work fine, just nothing out the front no matter what fan speed you put it on.

We've contacted the local Chevy dealer here in Humble TX which is Robbin's Chevrolet...and needless to say, their customer service department is less than willing to help/work with us on this. We just purchased this Tahoe at the end of October 2014, or the begging of November 2014, with the Chevrolet Platinum bumper to bumper/roof to road warranty, that's supposed to cover everything, and they're giving her the run around stating that they are backed up with the spring break...and they'll only be able to start diagnosing after it's been dropped off, in approximately 3 days afterwards....this is ridiculous to start with...and the rude guy said that depending on what the issue is...it'll be either $100 for a deductible to fix...and that's strictly if their findings are covered by the warranty and if not, which he stated..."from past experience, it probably won't be covered"...which what the hell is that...anyways, if it's not covered..then it'll be a minimum of $125 diagnostic fee regardless + the cost of labor and repair if we choose to proceed with them fixing it...this is ridiculous...please help!

Thanks so much!
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy tahoe

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We're sorry to hear that you are also experiencing these issues, Southtx77. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, and dealership name for further assistance. We look forward to helping with your concern!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care
I am having a very similar problem with my chevy. Can you provide me with help as well. I live in Arizona and a ac is very much needed.
Old October 19th, 2015, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Sounds like there have been others with my same problem. ******
I have a 2009 Tahoe with climate control. It has the digital setting controls. I'm having a problem with air not wanting to blow out any of the vents. It won't blow out of the dash vents, defrost, or the floor vents. This happens with the heat and A/C. Any help would be greatly appreciated.** The rear works fine but the front dash vents have zero action. HELP!! and thank you in advance
Old October 19th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rossie21
Sounds like there have been others with my same problem. ******
I have a 2009 Tahoe with climate control. It has the digital setting controls. I'm having a problem with air not wanting to blow out any of the vents. It won't blow out of the dash vents, defrost, or the floor vents. This happens with the heat and A/C. Any help would be greatly appreciated.** The rear works fine but the front dash vents have zero action. HELP!! and thank you in advance
Welcome to the forum...
Check all of the fuses in the side panel of the drivers door and check all of the under hood fuses.
You might also try a relearn/calibration on the vents to see if that makes any difference...
The next step would be to verify you are getting voltage to the blend door acutator...

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...bration-55521/

Old January 2nd, 2016, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default Having problem

I'm having the same problem no air blowing
Old January 29th, 2016, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Chevy Tahoe AC not blowing

Hello I need help ASAP! My Tahoe AC front blower or something is not working at all! Display works but when you turn it on its nothing! Help please!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working