2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working - Page 5 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums
Sponsored by: Nitto Tire
Sponsored by: Nitto Tire

2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working

CF Beginner

March 19th, 2017, 11:14 AM   #41  
YES I noticed on my resistor that the TWO LEAD PRONG which accepts powere looks to have crappy metal connectors in it. One of mine looked pretty smashed down. But was still not my issue. There DOES appear to be room for movement in there where there should not be which could make a crappy 12V connection...

Posted By: coach moe Brit, the issue was a simple fix for me as it turned out. Roughly 6 months ago I replaced the resistor again and it did not resolve the issue. After further research and investigation it turned out to be the wire harness ( a common problem ). Ordered the harness from a big box chain reillyO's. Came in next day. 15 minute fix. No problems since. The harness is the one that connects to the resistor itself. Do a search for 2008 Tahoe blower motor resistor wire harness....Or something to that effect. I really hope this helps you out.

CF Beginner

March 19th, 2017, 11:26 AM   #42  
The RESISTOR mounts by two screws and actually sits INSIDE the blower motor compartment so the air can cool it ( Or at least in direct vicinity ductwork - I think I recall). Did your fan come with resistor installed, ? Or did you actually take the old resistor off OR replace only the fan motor with Squirrel cage?? and put back in new fan housing. And forgive my ignorance if the fan is replaceable INSIDE the direct motor housing I DONT RECALL... Looking at pics at store I see the fan and motor do not appear to come with resistor so perhaps it just mounts in nearby air duct housing and not related...??.. It JUST SEEMS ODD FOR THAT fan motor TO COMPLETELY FAIL AS this is what the resistor protects...

I can def see where it could be nice to replace the fan though, AND BASED ON NOISE LEVELS due to wear. You cant even hear yourself think anymore in my wife's 2003 tahoe when its on high speed... Nice to know they are under 100 bucks....

Posted By: Southtx77 Thanks for the help, it ended up being the blower. Replaced it yesterday, now everything works.

CF Beginner

August 30th, 2017, 6:48 PM   #43  
Posted By: Southtx77 I'm having the same issues on my 08 Tahoe, front blower doesn't work at all but the rear works perfectly. Is there a bulletin for this problem?
I am having very similar issues with my 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe. Its aggravating! I have had a new resistor and new blower motor installed... it worked for 2 days and the quit again. This really needs to be a recall. Sadly I just turned 150,000 miles while dealing with this mess. Its sad because I love my Tahoe, guess I need to go with Ford like the rest of the family.

CF Beginner

November 3rd, 2017, 1:19 PM   #44  
Having the same issues with my 08 suburban. have tried two resistors and still not working. don't want to go to the dealership but looks like I am gona have to

CF Beginner

November 7th, 2017, 12:18 PM   #45  
2007 Suburban front Blower not working

Fighting same issue on my Suburban. Front system not working and rear working perfectly. First issue arose a year ago, lost AC during August in humid Mid Atlantic. Changed out resistor and everything worked for maybe 6 months then front blower started working intermittently, then righted itself. Now with colder weather coming, front blower seems to have given up the ghost. Changed resistor again...nothing so my next thought is to replace blower motor but don't want to lay out the cost when Advanced Auto wont accept returned electrical equipment if that isn't the issue. Before I order any parts, how does one go about testing the wiring harness and the blower motor to diagnose if they are the root of the problem?

Administrator

KC, MO area

November 7th, 2017, 11:04 PM   #46  
Welcome to the forum.

You can test the blower motor by directly connecting 12 VDC to it.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: