Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Tahoe issue with Iphone 5 USB

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2013, 2:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol

LOL an AUX JACK? what is this 1996? Maybe I should get a tape adapter to go with my parachute pants.

Sorry guys. GM is to tech what Best Buy is to customer service.

Not only does my Wrangler let me stream pandora (no wires)! but it pauses and resumes when I get a call. it even shows the artist/title/album on the headunit over bluetooth!

Next song and Pause also work over bluetooth.

I may never drive my Tahoe ago! I'll be too busy looking at the awesomeness that is the Jeep one... where incoming calls show the NAME on the headunit! Isn't that a novel idea?!

iOS 6.1.3 is out today as well... update time!

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; March 20th, 2013 at 9:02 AM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 6:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SabrToothSqrl,

I agree that the solution for streaming audio from a Smartphone to the Suburban is not great. When I saw the post last night, I was looking at it from the standpoint of whether the 2013 Suburban supported Bluetooth or USB audio streaming using A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), as that was how the user posed their question. Unfortunately, to support these features currently, we need to go to the aftermarket. Most of us, would rather not have wires hanging off our dash.

It looks like 2015 model year is when the new GM systems will start to show up at dealers. In the 2015 models we will see 4G LTE compatibility with WIFI hotspots in the vehicles, supporting streaming video and cloud computing. Traffic updates will be pulled through WIFI, and many of the things that we rely upon today will be connected to our car systems.

It is unfortunate that the chevy mylink systems were not installed in the 2012 and 2013 truck lines, as they have greater functionality than what was included in the trucks.

The future looks promising. We will all have to wait and see when they are introduced how they perform and the costs involved to get the full benefit.

media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/Feb/0225_4g-lte.html
Old March 20th, 2013, 8:51 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ad2p

Yea, if you want tech, check out the My Ford Touch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyFord_Touch

Soon as Ford redoes the Expedition... my Tahoe will be GONE, GONE, GONE....

GM put a hard drive in their head units 6 YEARS after Chrysler did.

and it's not like Chrysler is exactly leading the tech pack.

GM just can't do tech. I'm sure whatever they have 'coming' in 2015... will be... years old by... 2015.

Shame, but that's just GM tech. 1/2 assed and years behind.

"car based hot spot"

Yep, Chrysler did it: and years ago:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2322007,00.asp

2008! and your saying GM is "catching up" in 2015? can you hear me laughing from your location?

that's.... only... SEVEN YEARS late to the party. Which in technology time is roughly when the dinosaurs started dying off.

"Traffic updates will be pulled through WIFI, and many of the things that we rely upon today will be connected to our car systems. "

No, sorry, that's not how it would work. Unless you are setting your phone up as the hot spot... that would be pointless...

they are turning the car into a hot spot. Kinda pointless when they devices are the size of a deck of cards and portable. Why would I want one glued to my car? that's as useful as a car phone on a cord in 2015... (which is stupid and useless, since anyone buying a car most likely has a mobile phone).

I am glad, however that GM is sticking to "what works best" and announcing new products so far in advance that all competitors can laugh at them, while all consumers become bored with waiting, and go buy something else.

I'm going to assume from your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure you work for GM or are part of a PR company? If so, congrats on a good write up. (You write very well).

Now just get GM to build something closer to "technology" than a toaster.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; March 20th, 2013 at 9:07 AM.
Old March 24th, 2013, 3:44 AM
CF Beginner

Just a note, I have 3 diffrent I-Pod touch one 5th gen and two older ones. The 5th gen and one old one both have the same problem. You plug them in and everything works fine until you turn the vehicle off and back on it wont pick up the I-Pod. Now one of the older one works flawlessly. The ONLY thing I can find between the 3 is that the one that works has not been updated. Its still running on 4.1 while the other two are 5.1 and 6.1. Not much to go on but from what I can guess is that Apples ne updates are not compatible with the software in the vehicle
Old March 24th, 2013, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

my 2011 Tahoe LTZ notices my iPhone 5 just fine, however the audio is low compared to a normal CD or radio station. Anyone have this problem or know how to correct it? I've tried differnet audio settings in both the truck and iPhone.
Old April 24th, 2013, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

On my 2013 Tahoe LT I can listen to my 4s music as well as Pandora through the USB connection. With Pandora the song information is displayed on the HU as well. I have the non NAV Bose system.
Old August 24th, 2020, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Hello Mr. Louis,
I have the same issue. When my 2015 Tahoe was brand new, the dealership changed the USB port, they told me they updated my radio with the latest firmware. That didn't work. Eventually the dealership changed my radio out and that didn't work. I just want a solution. I am very disappointed. I bought this Tahoe brand new in 2014. Is my Iphone not contactable with my Tahoe?