Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Alarm Upgrade for 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Upgrade for 2007 Tahoe

Looking for some help - wanting to "upgrade" the alarm on my LT3 - trying to find out if there is a system that can integrate with the factory system where I have the Remote Start and the Power Liftgate controlled by the factory remote? Wanting to add a glass mic and perimeter sensors...

Had a 07 Suburban Demo from the dealer that got broken into at a concert - police said that with the right "tool" a thief can puch the lock cylinder in about 2 seconds and be in vehicle.

Thanks!
Old May 11th, 2007, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Alarm Upgrade for 2007 Tahoe

I am looking to upgrade as well. I have been thinking of adding LoJack. I would also like to hear what upgraded alarm systems are working or not working for others.
Old May 14th, 2007, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

I have the Viper upgrade using the factory remote. It works pretty well but sometimes it doesnt disarm and is a PITA to install. They had to run a 2ga. wire from the battery to the drivers door to make the doors lock and unlock passively. Also the starter disable module will not work with the factory alarm. The whole thing cost me about $200 installed with a set of air horns only because the guy never did this type of upgrade alarm before and had no idea what he was getting into but honored the price he quoted.
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can afford it, get a Lojack!

Also pick up these little numbers: http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product,%20JJ.htm

Old May 17th, 2007, 9:35 AM
CF Active Member

Any other options? How do the systems work that tie into the factory units?
Old May 30th, 2007, 3:34 PM
CF Active Member

Hi. So there is no way to add more options and more security features to the factory OEM system?
Old June 1st, 2007, 4:53 PM
CF Active Member

I guess I will take that as a no... thats strange nobody makes upgrades for the factory system.
Old June 1st, 2007, 8:30 PM
CF Active Member

[align=left]Ive had a clifford alarm since july of 2006, just recently directed eletronics has come out with a module to do just about everything. Since the Tahoe works on a LAN BUS system , features such as door locks and factory remote start are almost impossible to tap into. The module does everything, yes even keep your factory remote start. My car has a shock sensor, proximity sensor, remote start, tilt sensor, glass sesnor, etc. I dont ever carry teh factory remote on me anymore I use the new clifford one. Oh yeah that module is high in demand and little on the supply, it works for all new GM vehicles. I know all this because I work at a car audio and security shop and I install these alarms on a daily basis, hope this helped.
[/align][align=left] [/align]
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: d1nonly34

[align=left]Ive had a clifford alarm since july of 2006, just recently directed eletronics has come out with a module to do just about everything. Since the Tahoe works on a LAN BUS system , features such as door locks and factory remote start are almost impossible to tap into. The module does everything, yes even keep your factory remote start. My car has a shock sensor, proximity sensor, remote start, tilt sensor, glass sesnor, etc. I dont ever carry teh factory remote on me anymore I use the new clifford one. Oh yeah that module is high in demand and little on the supply, it works for all new GM vehicles. I know all this because I work at a car audio and security shop and I install these alarms on a daily basis, hope this helped.
[/align][align=left][/align]
Are you refering to the 1701? We were one of the first to try this piece before it was pulledand it is truly a installers dream. I have this piece in our tahoe. Unfortunatly it is no longer available from DEI thanks to the lawsuit from Omega agaisnt DEI. The only DEI 07 GM bypass as of now is the 1701g1 and it doesn't do half the things the 1701 can. 1701g1 doesn't doremote start bypass, tach, brake shutdown, etc, like the 1701 could.However DEI is rumored to bring back a newer version of the 1701 here shortly. Also the Viper 7900 is to be re-released here shortly as wellin full working order. We've been hearing this for months but I will say that I've just returned from The SnakePit after bringing some new techs to traininga few weeks ago and played with a working version and it seems to have the bugs worked out.

As Far as adding anything to the factory alarm look into a Viper 330v, which works with the factory remote, keeps factory remote start, factory rear door opening,and gives you built in shock in the viper pieceand you can add glass break sensor and if your installers good he can even give ya the tilt sensor and a prox andaair pressure sensor.

My .02 on the prox sensor is too stay away from it. Its a mug to set, its affected by UV lighting, andit can give false to no trigger in some parking garages if not properly set or affected by the lighting. We can not set these sensors in our garage because of our lights.Most people that get it report of false triggers and are always back for adjustments. I dont care how good of an installer you are, to get it perfect at one section of the carwill almost always affect another area so you are forced to have less thanample coverage to prevent false triggering. And once you set it some YoYo's going to go home pull in the garage under UV's and starting playing with it and once he thinks its not set right, he's going to start turning the ***** and whamHE'S BACK. If your in a convertable than its a whole different world but last time I checked Chevy hasn't released a convertable Tahoe yet. Dont get me wrong i'm not bashing the sensor just reporting real world facts.

Another sensor to look into is a field distrubance sensor. This works off of air movement. Once armed the unit is looking for a change in air pressure and once triggered by a door opening or window breaking and air entering the vehicle it will trigger the alarm. Unfortunaltly its not designed for users who like to keep the windows down and to have their system armed.

Personally I sayditch the factory remote start and keyless entry systems which have minimal rangeand get into a two way system. You get confirmed operations and alarm triggers from up to 1.5 miles and also can get pager service. When using the aftermarket systems you canstill arm the factory security along with the added system so its like double coverage.

So yes you can add more features to your factory or add more security and remote start with better range......
e
Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:17 AM
CF Active Member

They pulled the 1701g ? WOW
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Alarm Upgrade for 2007 Tahoe