Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

beeping sound

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2007, 1:21 PM
davemec

Default beeping sound

Anyone ever hear 5 quick beeps (not the door chimes) when they first get in the car and turn the key to acc? I sometimes get this, but it doesn't happen all the time. There are never any messages and I can't figure out what the car is trying to tell me.
Old April 18th, 2007, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: beeping sound

Might be the seat beltbeeps. Happens to me too.
Old April 18th, 2007, 2:33 PM
davemec

Thanks. I get the seat belt chimes, but they are different than these other beeps. These are 5 quick beeps like the single beep sound when you set the memory seats, not like the chime sound from leaving the door open.

Old June 12th, 2007, 4:15 AM
CF Junior Member

I have never experienced such with my GMC seat belt. I have known similar thing with a Mustang model which had an annoying seat belt sound. It happens when you don't fasten your seat belt. The car beeps for like a minute or two continously and repeats up to 5-6 minutes. It's a safety precaution but maybe too annoying.
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

My Tahoe sometimes makes a single beep just when I shut if off - but only in my garage. Same sound as the backup alarm but I don't shift to reverse, from D right to park.

I've just learned to ignore it - but I would sure like to know what it's trying to tell me.
Old June 14th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: fredster

My Tahoe sometimes makes a single beep just when I shut if off - but only in my garage. Same sound as the backup alarm but I don't shift to reverse, from D right to park.

I've just learned to ignore it - but I would sure like to know what it's trying to tell me.
Well since you have to go through reverse to get into parkso it might beap once,

just my $0.02.
Old June 14th, 2007, 3:19 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,
Do the 5 beeps make the same sound as if you hit the door lock button when "Delayed Locking" is on?

Fred,
Do you have the "Easy Exit Seat" Feature Enabled in the DIC Vehicle Customization Menu?
Old June 14th, 2007, 4:00 PM
davemec

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Dave,
Do the 5 beeps make the same sound as if you hit the door lock button when "Delayed Locking" is on?
ZX, I'll check tonight, I don't remember right now what the "Delayed Locking" sound actually sounds like. I will let you know if they are the same. Thanks for the help.

PS. It does sound like when you set your memory seat position, only the beep happens 5 quick times.

Old June 14th, 2007, 4:42 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The two style of beeps are different.
Also check to see if it still beeps if you go into the DIC and select "Chime Volume" Off.

Let me know and I'll see if we can't get to the bottom of this.
Old June 15th, 2007, 8:03 AM
davemec

ZX, I tried the delayed locking, and you're right the beeps are different. I haven't been able to re-produce the beeps after it happened twice in about a weeks time (that's why I never asked the dealership about them). So I'm not sure if I can test turning the chime volume off like you stated cause I have no way of re-producing the beeps. I may be confused however, when you say "check to see if it still beeps if you go into the DIC and select "Chime Volume" Off", you are talking about the 5 beeps I hear and not the delayed locking beeps correct?

Thanks for the help on this.

Quick Reply: beeping sound