Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can you add 3rd row middle shoulder belt?

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2023, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you add 3rd row middle shoulder belt?

My wife and I currently own a 2002 suburban that we absolutely love and has been good to us. Our family is growing and we are going to need to utilize the front and back rows. Downfall is, the 3rd row middle seat only comes equipped with the lap belt and no metal hooks in the seats. We need a shoulder or roof seatbelt in order to safely hook up a car seat or booster.

iv searched on eBay for the third row seats but none of them within this years model seems to have the shoulder belt.

our vehicles are paid off and i was hoping not to finance another vehicle but is there any modification or kit where we can add that shoulder seatbelt in the middle of 3rd row?

if we are forced to upgrade, what year and mileage should we look at? Looking to stay under $25k.
Old September 8th, 2023, 3:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a set of 2007 Chevy Tahoe 3rd Row Seats tan in color for sale don't know if that is compatible with your vehicle or not but if so look up under screen name Sigg or search 3rd Row Seats asking 190 that extremely cheap ty Mike
Old September 8th, 2023, 8:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 213 Likes on 187 Posts

Have you checked your owners manual to see if it has any guides to car seat placement? I thought a car seat could be secured with just the standard lap belt - but my kids are pushing 30 and I'll bet car seats were different (easier) way back then!! In our 93 Sub I remember needing to use a metal clip to lock the lap & shoulder harness together for a seat. For the 85 Nissan and 68 El Camino, lap strap worked fine.
Old September 9th, 2023, 9:56 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

I'd contact a seat belt company on the Internet.

Most likely you'll need to install such middle belt yourself, as most shops won't modify any safety features due to liability issues.