Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

changed roter and cap now getting code p1345?

Old April 26th, 2010, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changed roter and cap now getting code p1345?

Ok so here is my issue. And I hope the forum is as helpfull as the guys over at Iboats.com

99 chevy tahoe with 5.7 auto 2wd went from 19-20 mpg to 13-15.

Changed pulgs wires roter and dist cap. The problem was the roter and cap they were worn out.

After running for a day the check engine light came on and it is code p1345 which is crank shaft camshaft position error code. from every thing that I have read the is not any way to set initial timing on these guys.

Well when i was putting the dist cap back on I realized that the dist was loose cuz it moved. I am used to older non electronic distributers but it seems to me that the if the dist moves it should jack with the timimg.

1. Where is the degree indicator for the harmonic balancer on these engines I can't find it?

2. can a switched plug wire cause this code to flash? and still allow the ingine to run fine?

3. What else could be my issue?

Thank in advance for all your assistance.

Old April 26th, 2010, 8:53 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the distributor moved that is why the code is present. The dis. in these trucks does not control ignition timing it controls injector timing (it is the cam sensor). The only way to set it is to have a scanner that shows data. You should be able to take it to a shop with the tool and pay anywhere between .5-1.0 hours labor.
Old January 14th, 2013, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing issue 99 tahoe

I replaced intake manifold gasket on my 5.7 99 tahoe. After getting it back together I was stumped on getting the roter and distributer back together.
So I took it to a local mechanic who (fixxed it) I told him it was missing he told me I need new plugs , I replaced plugs and still running rough check engine light is on and sometimes flashing any ideas?