Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

ECM reprogram has made weird issues

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM reprogram has made weird issues

I took my 2007 Suburban in for service earlier this week. While there the sevice tech said there were some new "recall" upgrades that needed to be made to the ECM. He said 1 had to do with the battery rundwon protection and the other had to do with the E85 ethanol use. Anyway, he did the reprogramming. Now, my remotes are acting screwy. One remote quit working entirely, its not the battery. The other remote works but the automatic stat button does not start the truck, it makes the back hatch open! I tried reprogramming the remotes using the method I found on here of turning the car on and off several times while holding down the unlock button on the remote. Any other ideas? I hate to make another trip to the dealer.
Old January 4th, 2008, 1:40 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ECM reprogram has made weird issues

The process of learning remotes to an 07 is to select " Press / to Relearn Remote Key" in the DIC display with the vehicle in Park and then hold in both Lock and Unlock buttons at the same time till you hear a beep, repeat this with both remotes.

My guess is that you need the dealer to reprogram your RCDLR now though.