Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Engine Failure - join Class Action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2019, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The firewall connection on the passenger side is touching metal, its just a black metal bracket or brace. I would have preferred to put them on the engine block itself in the holes that are already pre-drilled and tapped but I didnt have a bolt the correct size for those holes. I'm probably going to change them in the near future but for now they seem to have done their job though or at least part of it, I'm no longer getting the P2135 or P0120 codes and the P1516 code is no longer happening as often. I'm still getting it everyday, unfortunately, however its only happening about once a day now instead of every few miles. Since then I decided to try a new throttle body hoping that my problem might lie with the TPS. Bought it from ACDelco so it is an OEM part and I just installed it today, I'm really hoping this is the fix, I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old October 26th, 2019, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah we need a to get together cause i have a 07 avalanche and I'm going on my second engine in 5 years with this truck. Something is definitely not right at all.
Old November 19th, 2019, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

I know I am probably going to strike out on this being such an old thread and all but I was just wondering if you ever got any results from this. I own a 2007 Avalanche that I owe less then $2000 left on its note. I purchased it less then 3 years ago and it had only 63,000 miles on it. I have the same issues as all the others in the forum. I have been with a vehicle for 2 weeks now because there aren't enough parts to fix this huge problem and my truck is sitting at the repair place in pieces waiting on parts that who knows when they will be available. Please let me know.

Last edited by Boriqua; November 19th, 2019 at 1:48 PM.
Old March 21st, 2021, 3:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 suburban

I had a 2007 suburban that had several major engine repairs, a couple covered under The 36-month warranty in a couple that were not. They were continuous ABS, traction control, stabilitrak an oil sludge issues. The car was well taken care of and didn't abuse or drive too much being that I worked close to home. Then at about a hundred thousand miles if that, the engine blew entirely. We paid $5,000 for a refurbished engine and had it installed only for a year later for the transmission to blow. We just couldn't keep pouring money into this already very expensive vehicle. It was disheartening. Our complaints fell on deaf ears. Jim should have warrantied or recalled the engine but the fact is, they didn't have a permanent fix. They didn't really know what's wrong or more importantly, they did not know how to properly and permanently fix it. What would fix it one time at the mechanic or dealership, wasn't the same fix for the next time we had issue. The current class action lawsuit only covers vehicles from 2010 to 2014 or 15. However, I have read that GM has been aware of this issue since 2007 so I'm not sure why it doesn't include vehicles from that model year forward.
Old March 21st, 2021, 9:10 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotiapilot
I get what youre doing, but the only thing any class action lawsuit does is make the attorneys wealthy. Payouts are next to nothing.
I get what you're doing, but the only thing any class action lawsuit does is make the attorneys REAL wealthy
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (March 21st, 2021)