Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

flex fuel software update

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default flex fuel software update

Has anyone taken their Tahoe in for this update yet? I am going to bring mine in for the update even though I doubt I'll ever use E85 just becauseit isnt so popular. How many Tahoe owners actually use E85? I
Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:00 PM
davemec

Default RE: flex fuel software update

According to another thread this update introduces a new software bug that causes throttle lag. I have had the update done, and now I also have the throttle lag. I haven't had a chance to get to the dealer yet to see if they have the fix for the throttle lag out yet. I hope they decide to regression test this new fix when they finally get it.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

received "recall" letter for the update (had the updated software installed (It took about 2 hours at the dealership)....I run e-85 because there is a pump about 3 miles from where I live and an additional pump about 3 miles fromwhere i work. The ethanol is about 30 cents less, however the mileage drop is significant. I guess because of the "green"issue and the increase in octane(106 Octane) I run ethanol..... Ethanol in Irving (Dallas), TX $2.52
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Big D, what did the recall letter say? Did they have acorrected "update" for the original update? Did they mention the throttle lag associated with the original buggy update? Thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our resident insider indicates that there is no fix for the lag issue. They are working on a new version of the software update. Hold off on getting the update for now if you didn't already get it.
Old May 4th, 2007, 3:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update:
No lag while running E85 and with the price of gas going up daily E85 may soon be less expensive then regular in all parts of the country.
Old May 4th, 2007, 6:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Problem is still availability. Last time I checked the sites there were no stations listed in entire state.
Old May 5th, 2007, 2:14 AM
CF Senior Member

Had the update done awhile ago. I was probably one of the first because I read it here and my dealer didn't know anything about it until they checked into it. I noticed no throttle lag. Truck runs perfect.
Old May 5th, 2007, 3:37 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Got update and truck runs great.
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:09 PM
CF Junior Member

typerod - the letter was not really a "recall" just a recommendation for drivers that use or plan on using E-85. The download updates the vehicle's computer softwarein recognizing when there is a mixture of gas and ethanol. The real expert, Dave,has probably shared his wisdom by now.If you are using straight ethanol andno gas then there will be no problems with the engine light coming on. I think the problem was the computer's ability to read when gas and ethanol wereblended in the tank say 60% - 40% etc... I don'tremember anything mentioned about "lag".Ihave not noticed any lag issues, but I am just a simple driver....One thing I have noticed is the smell of "alcohol" when the motor first starts....Not a problem for me. I kind of like that whisky smell.....