Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
View Poll Results: What the best SUV
Tahoe
100.00%
Yukon
0%
TB
0%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

help: Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2012, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevrolet customer service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:worddocument> <w:view>normal</w:view> <w:zoom>0</w:zoom> <wunctuationkerning/> <w:validateagainstschemas/> <w:saveifxmlinvalid>false</w:saveifxmlinvalid> <w:ignoremixedcontent>false</w:ignoremixedcontent> <w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext>false</w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext> <w:compatibility> <w:breakwrappedtables/> <w:snaptogridincell/> <w:wraptextwithpunct/> <w:useasianbreakrules/> <w:dontgrowautofit/> </w:compatibility> <w:browserlevel>microsoftinternetexplorer4</w:browserlevel> </w:worddocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" latentstylecount="156"> </w:latentstyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* style definitions */ table.msonormaltable {mso-style-name:"table normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"times new roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> unhappy with my 3rd suburban,

can you please pm me the service request number (sr#) that was given to you when you called customer service, so i can look into your case?

louis
gm customer service
71-1056449326 ??
Old April 10th, 2012, 7:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Unhappy with my 3rd suburban,

An agent is scheduled to contact you today (4/10/2012) via phone. If you have any additional questions, please let your agent know. You may also contact me via PM through this forum.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

Still the same. I must have the Chevy dealership diagnose that I have a broken handle and door lock and I must pay the $102.50 to have this done before anyone at Chevy will help me. This is a known defect that occurred on my vehicle during the warranty period. All of my handles and locks should have been replaced during that time of the failure but now it has turned into a money making item for Chevy. Still waiting on the phone call from a district agent.
Old April 12th, 2012, 4:51 AM
CF Beginner

Brought mine to dealer for this problem for both driver front and back doors its the latch mechanism the grease leaks out of them and shorts the electronics out on the door lock. They have to replace the latch in the door happening to every body. Make sure when they change yours your interior light still works when opening door I have to bring mine back again because when I open back door light doesn't come on.
Old April 12th, 2012, 4:55 AM
CF Beginner

Unhappy with 3rd suburban, Chevy just going to give you the run a round I tried calling them also. NOTHING. They just want you to spend the money on it to fix it and can't promise they will reimburse you because they don't want to admit anything about these parts being cheap
Old April 13th, 2012, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

I have asked so many times, "if I get the diagnostic done, will I get my door handle and lock replaced without incurring further charges?". Tiffany with customer service will not answer my question. She just keeps repeating that I need the diagnostic done and she understands my frustration. NO TIFFANY, you do not understand my frustration. I have asked to speak to a supervisor. They tell me the district agent will call. STILL NO CALL. Yesterday Tiffany calls me to see if I have had the diagnostic done. I tell her no and we do the same run around. I see it as harassment that the same person is calling me now and telling me I need to have the diagnostic performed to close my case.

What is going on here Louis? GM representative. Do you understand my frustration too. Haven't heard anything from you either.

Thank you bfireman231 for sharing your experience.

It would seem since they have issued the technical bulletin on these handles and locks and the vehicle is brought in under warranty with these known issues identifying your vehicle as one of these "problem vehicles", something should be done.
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Unhappy with the 3rd suburban,

I understand your frustration, but, in order to offer repair options, the vehicle needs to be diagnosed to confirm the issue.

Please understand that dealers are independently owned and operated, they charge a diagnostic fee. We make every attempt to get the fee waived; however, your dealer would not agree to do so.

I know you are frustrated, but we have to follow procedures. I encourage you to continue working with your current agent; they will be able to assist you further.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the real world of HE SAID SHE SAID, evryone passing the buck and nothing ever get's done leaving the consumer in the dark in the end.

As far as grease getting into the actuator, wrong...........there ia a rubber boot covering anything from dripping into the electrical portion that fits very tight. As for someone else who had water getting in the door, clean the weep holes in the bottom of the door, that's just good maintenance, surely you could hear the noise when you closed the door.

I had an earlier issue with a lost key Fob, purchased it from the Dealer Parts counter, their Service Dept.tried several otions to program it, even plugged a reader into the port @ the underside of steering column with no luck. His ANSWER.......we will have to remove the DASH to find the pronble, NOT. This is the service you get today, NO TRAINING. I came home went online, in five(5) minutes I had the key fob programed with a BOBBY PIN. They suggested a paper clip which I didn't have.

Unfortunately my 99 Tahoe is out of warranty, but the problems with door locks is wide spread..........my guess, weaken actuator's from use, but please C/Service do your Company a SERVICE and step up to the plate and help some of these that are so deserving. We all know that Dealer's are independently owned and operated, always has been, but get the proper training to these people that are mostly GUESSING untimately costing us off the hip. JMHO.
David
Old April 13th, 2012, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Guess what, I would be ok with the diagnostic fee (not happy with it but ok) if I knew Chevy would take responsibility and pay the local dealership for the repairs but no one will own up to that.

No one at Chevy will admit the handles and locks are a problem. Simple task here, if the dealership finds the parts faulty, will Chevy replace them at no further cost to me. Tiffany does not say anything - just go get my diagnostic done. Your procedures she include what a customer should expect. NO ONE WILL TELL ME, LOUIS....including Tiffany. That is why I want to speak to someone who can. Sounds like you are no better help than Tiffany.
Old April 13th, 2012, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Same agent, Tiffany, same story. No help.

Quick Reply: help: Door lock problem