Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Improving mpg--Suburban

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2015, 4:48 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by suburbansr4me
This might help...

Ethanol Free Gas Stations
You link is much better then mine like the map.. I'd have to drive over 300 miles to find a station in Texas near Austin
Old May 5th, 2015, 7:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
You link is much better then mine like the map.. I'd have to drive over 300 miles to find a station in Texas near Austin
Yup, emphasis in the *might*. Out of all the times that I've shared that link, I don't ever remember a time when someone said...Sweet! There is a pump just down the street from me. LOL

Can't get away from ethanol. It's all over. I don't fight it much anymore. I figure, might as well get used to it. For the most part, I burn through gas too often to get any detrimental effects from corn gas and when I need to let gas sit in a tank for a while, I douse it with whatever anti-ethanol snake oil is out there or I drain the tank. So far, have had no problems.
Old May 5th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
I like yours better cuz it lists the cities, address, ph. no., etc and octane and latest updates. Seems to be more cities on it in KS than the other one has.

Anyone know of a phone app?
Old May 7th, 2015, 1:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E0 Phone App

Pure Gas

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pure...454559068?mt=8

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...toLean.puregas

I've been using it for a few years. I'm not sure how they get their data, some E0 pumps are missing but the ones they list that I go to seem to be correct.
Old August 9th, 2019, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what really might help is modifying the exhaust system with Borla or flow master or Magnaflow that really increases MPG and better spark plugs and cables
Old August 9th, 2019, 9:27 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I didn't realize how old this thread was when I started to respond but I'll continue anyway. There's not much you can do in the suburban to increase your gas mileage. It's an auto trans with 4 gears. The best you can do is keep your MPH low. 55 to 60 is about the best you can do and you're still going to get road ragers behind you. Stay close behind a tractor trailer and you'll dramatically increase your MPG. Even staying a dully pickup with increase your MPG dramatically. I once got 30 MPG in my suburban by driving behind a dully 200 miles from the east coast to Charlotte when I'd normally would only get 17.

There's a thread here about a person who got 28+ MPG in theirs but only when they had a certain brand of tires...Michelin possibly.