Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Installed Rear Bumper Fascia/Hitch Cover, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Installed Rear Bumper Fascia/Hitch Cover, what do you think?

ORIGINAL: biglg

Well my rear fascia cover came in today. I wasnt sure what to think about them. I didnt really like how they stick out from the bumper.

However, after installing it tonight I think it looks very good. The pictures dont do justice. I think this is the best mod I have made yet! It can be removed in about 10 seconds. I love it! It makes the rear of the vehicle look so much cleaner!

I put this on mine as well & like it.

Now just think how nice a set of Caddy LEDs would look back there!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/6CF4AD8F73FF49D795C4336FE184C015.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/BA7BBD1DB3DD4C00AF0569CF270114FF.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Surely someone will be coming out with some altezza style tail lights soon! I cant believe there arent any out there yet!
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope there arent any screws. Taking it on and off will hurt nothing. Basically the back of the cover has two arms that stick out. You insert the arms into a supplied bracket. Then you just slide the cover to the left and it locks, and to the right to get it off. Very easy, I love it! There is a guy on ebay that sells them. I paid 60+sh for mine.
Thanks for the info big. Do they come factory paint matched or do you have to have a paint shop do it?
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:04 AM
CF Veteran

The $60 dollar ones are already painted.
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:09 AM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

The $60 dollar ones are already painted.
Great. I am going to order one this weekend. I ordered one of those mini steps (Plugs inot hitch and is about 12" wide) made by Go Rhino and it look completely stupid. Nothing like I thought it would anyway, it is functional but ugly. Some I am off to ebay. Thanks
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:12 AM
CF Addict

Lol, good luck. I really like the cover. I dont think the design is the best. How it bulges out isnt the best looking cover I would have invisioned, but it is far better than the hitch showing!
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:17 AM
CF Veteran

Lol, good luck. I really like the cover. I dont think the design is the best. How it bulges out isnt the best looking cover I would have invisioned, but it is far better than the hitch showing!
Would you say its identical in looks to the one at the chevy parts counter?
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:23 AM
CF Addict

Yep, it is the exact same one at the chevy parts counter. The one I got from the ebayer I posted sells them and they are authentic GM OEM parts! I cant remember what the price was from my dealer. I think around 85! GM parts direct has them for 76+10sh. I got mine for 70 shipped from that ebay seller. SO that is for sure the best route to go. Just shoot him an email and tell him a buddy, or mention Landon just bought the white one and told you to contact him. He should hook you up with the same 60 deal. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:47 AM
CF Veteran

Yep, it is the exact same one at the chevy parts counter. The one I got from the ebayer I posted sells them and they are authentic GM OEM parts! I cant remember what the price was from my dealer. I think around 85! GM parts direct has them for 76+10sh. I got mine for 70 shipped from that ebay seller. SO that is for sure the best route to go. Just shoot him an email and tell him a buddy, or mention Landon just bought the white one and told you to contact him. He should hook you up with the same 60 deal. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks biglg. I just sent your buddy an email with a request for dark blue metallic hitch cover. Where would I find my paint code? I just looked all over my truck and it must be late becasue I was not able to locate it>
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:52 AM
CF Veteran

25U is the dark blue metallic

Quick Reply: Installed Rear Bumper Fascia/Hitch Cover, what do you think?