Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry

Can anyone tell me where to find the Keyless entry receiver antenna on my 2006 Suburban?

I want to check it for any loose connections before I have to go to a dealer.

Thanks!

Joe
Old October 11th, 2011, 5:22 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Pyro Joe,
I am going to use my resources and research this for you. If you would like you can PM me. I will update as soon as I get an answer.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 12th, 2011, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Thank You CCS I look forward to hearing back from you.

I also agree that it's best to keep it open here.

I will say this. The problem started when I had my Tires rotated & balanced some months back. I was keenly aware of this & wondered if the tire tech's did something they were unaware of. (They were in a tire shop, not a repair shop)

Last week, I was doing my own front brake pads. On the drivers side front wheel well, I found what looks like a dead end vacuum tube just hanging out of place. (It wasn't a vacuum tube as it had wires in it.) There was a plastic grommit attached to it, so I knew it fell out of a hole that held that grommet. I looked & saw an empty hole up above the wheel well, so I placed the grommet in that hole.

I went on & finished my brake pads. The wireless remote & Tire pressure sensor has worked perfectly since.

I have to assume that hanging wire/tube thing was the antenna & it was simply out of place.

Joe
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

So there wasn't any connector on the end of the wiring?
Old October 13th, 2011, 9:59 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Diagrams

lol, the PR rep that only ones one line "welcome to wal-mart" i mean "see your dealer"

thinks they will find a diagram or similar... lol

start with the simplest thing, do you have another key fob? most come with 2.

did you replace the batteries in the transmitter?

is keyless disabled somehow in the DIC?

I have the diagrams at home on a DVD, i should just bring them to work so I can post the relevant ones for people here....
Old October 14th, 2011, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
So there wasn't any connector on the end of the wiring?
No. It specifically had a cap like cover at the end of the line.

Funny thing was that I forgot about the keyless entry problem as I was focused on the brakes. I only hung the wire back up because it was so obvious that it was supposed to be attached elsewhere up above. The end result was that the keyless remote has been fine since.