Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Lowering advise

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2006, 1:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering advise

Hey New to this forum and have some ?s about lowering my 05 premium ride Tahoe. I am getting a Bell Tech 3901 kit which has torsion keys for the front and springs for the rear. Any advise would be great! How does a torsion key drop affect the ride quality and front end parts in the future. Also this is a 4x4 .
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Lowering advise

question is, how much are you dropping it. if you only drop it 2 inches - use the old torsion keys it'll be just fine, anything over that you will need the new keys. and REMEMBER - cust the jounce bumpers that hit the front lower control arms in half - otherwise you will have a really bumpy ride. and you will need an alignment after to set the camber and caster.. good luck
Old May 18th, 2006, 4:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Lowering advise

I had the Ground Force kit on my Denali XL and they had the spacers for the Autoride / stabiltrack so it was a direct fit application, and allowed those features to work seamlessly with the kit.

I did have to get like 3 separate allignment at the dealer (great service advisor ran them through under warranty........wonderful what a 20 will do every once and a while).

Waited like 3 months before the last allingment to allow for settling, and was darn near dead nuts on level.
Good luck!