Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Navigation disk updates scrolling

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2008, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Navigation disk updates scrolling

ORIGINAL: rruelas

Then after about five minutes, the navigation started to work. I also noticed some differences, one, the clock was larger, and there was another menu option, having to do with the radio and navigation scrolling. Interesting.... It looks like the new 4.0 navigation DVD for the 09 tahoes updates the radio. Mine isa 07. Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you guys. Some maybe able to modify the update file to do other things like some have done with the honda and lexus nav disk.
rruelas,

Since you got the 4.0 disk, have you used your system with an mp3 music disk yet?

There is a bug with the clock display (on some or all of the units) when you insert an mp3 music disk. You insert the mp3 disk and the clock is displayed. You shut off the truck. The next time you turn on the truck the clock does not display. If you pop out the mp3 disk the clock will come back the next time you start the truck.

I was hoping the v4.0 disk would fix this bug.

Thanks!
Old October 30th, 2008, 8:27 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard this was a problem on the XXXXXX66 and 67 units. I have the one ending in 02. I have used mp3 cds before the update and never had a problem. I know it does something with the clock because after i installed it for the first time, my clock on the tabis now larger and in bold fontthan the rest of the tabs on the top. Im thinking that it probably does fix that bug but i cant say for certain. I would say its worth the update.
Old October 30th, 2008, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

i have a 07 ltz suburban how do i get the free navigation update disc?
Old October 30th, 2008, 9:31 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Try going here: https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do

Not sure if it transfers w/ a used vehicle but can't hurt to try.
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: rruelas

I heard this was a problem on the XXXXXX66 and 67 units. I have the one ending in 02. I have used mp3 cds before the update and never had a problem. I know it does something with the clock because after i installed it for the first time, my clock on the tabis now larger and in bold fontthan the rest of the tabs on the top. Im thinking that it probably does fix that bug but i cant say for certain. I would say its worth the update.
Weird. I have the 25797978 and it has the bug. It must have skipped a generation. I ordered a v4.0 disk on eBay to see if it fixes it.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 7:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, got my 4.0 disc today, inserted it in the nav unit and as rruelas pointed out took about 5 minutes to update the firmware (it shows a white screen with a progress bar that turns green as it goes along).I had previously called GM Nav Disc center to find out if it would erase the preset addresses and the person didn't know so went and asked a "senior technician", came back and told me nope it would not erase the addresses - WRONG - it will erase all addresses. It also makes the clock display larger, which was fine for me. I had copied (by hand) all my addresses down so will now just have to re-do all of them, such a pain as the GM unit will not display any actual coordinates for Lat & Long to make it easy to re-do them.
Old November 6th, 2008, 5:56 AM
CF Beginner

I also received the v4.0c disk (from an eBay auction). It does appear to fix the mp3 disk/clock bug. As a bonus, it doesn't display the "be careful looking at the screen while driving..." disclaimer where you had to press the "OK" button to get to nav mode.
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

I wish they would tell you what software change were made on V4
Old November 7th, 2008, 6:10 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if the head unit had wifi, you could pull the updates directly over the internet... that would be cool...

Nevermind, I guess these units don't have a hard drive and use DVDs for navigation... so that wouldn't work...
Old November 10th, 2008, 10:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, you don't. If you go to the URL, input your VIN, they offer an update for $199.

I am going to have my lawyer call them as the vehicle is still under warranty...

ORIGINAL: yatch07

i have a 07 ltz suburban how do i get the free navigation update disc?