Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Neucleus NC-X2iLAN iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Neucleus NC-X2i iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)

TMW:

I already have the lockpick, this unit works with the lockpick???

Jason
Old January 19th, 2007, 1:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Neucleus NC-X2i iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)

One has nothing to do with the other. Yes, it works along with the GMLockPick.
Old January 19th, 2007, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TMW597

ORIGINAL: raneil

Wow! Great (and fast!) response. TMW597, you are THE MAN!

I'll probably just keep using a plain audio cable and drive the iPod via its own interface for now... at least until the new products you've described are available. I really like the idea of adding a Bluetooth phone interface. My wife's Town & Country has that, and it's sweet!

Thanks again for answering my questions so completely & quickly. Do keep us posted on the new products you mentioned. When I finally DO get my setup installed, I'll be sure to report back here with details -- I'd like to be able to contribute here in the future.

I have a Neucleus NC-X2i for $150 if you'd like. It's better than a cable.
Thanks. But just yesterday, I installed a Pro.Fit iPod mount and tucked most of my cabels away neatly. This weekend, I'll get the rest of them (including the power cable) hidden too. So far, it's working great, but the signal level coming out of the iPod is definitely lower than that of the other audio devices in the system (DVD player, AM/FM tuner, XM tuner). As such, there's a big difference in volume when switching to the AUX input to listen to the iPod. I found this pre-amp signal booster on eBay for $23.00. I hope to get it hooked up this weekend, too. This should meet my needs until the PXDG (or an equivalent) is available and has been put through its paces by the early adopters.

Old January 19th, 2007, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

TMW597...

Do you know anything about the Axxess GMIP-01 IPOD Interface?
Old January 19th, 2007, 7:19 PM
CF Senior Member

I know only what I've read about the Axxess GMIP-01 IPOD. The Peripheral PXDP3, Neucleus NC-X2iLAN, and Scosche AXIPGMLAN I have personally tested, and are aware of the limitations. My assumption on the Axxess GMIP-01 IPOD is that it will be the same situation, though I can't confirm that obviously.
Old January 19th, 2007, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

I may install it this weekend. I will let you know what I think of it.
Old January 19th, 2007, 7:25 PM
CF Senior Member

Cool! It should take you all of about 2 minutes to do it.
Old March 10th, 2007, 10:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Any word on the PXDG release date?

Hello All,

I just recently upgraded from a 2000 Z71 to a 2007 Z71Tahoe ...

TMW597: Did Peripherial mention an expected release date for the PXDG?
This sounds like a more elegant solution to accessing my 7,700+ songs on my ipod!

Thanks,

David
Old March 10th, 2007, 10:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Any word on the PXDG release date?

They said it was "months away" while at CES. I then asked, "Three months?" They told me closer to 6 months, but I'll check back in with them in the next couple of weeks to see if there is any progress. They told me they would let me field test it. We'll see.
Old March 15th, 2007, 5:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Any word on the PXDG release date?

One other quick question...the PXDG you played with, did it do anything as far as video?

I am getting ready to spring for a Valor iPod iLink-L2 (http://www.valordvd.com/product/prod...uctid=iLink-L2) to serve up movies (doesn't integrate with the Nav radio touchscreen, but with a gmlockpick, menu can be viewed on Nav radio, and then controlled via it's own IR remote) via the back seat AUX video connection.

Then I will wait for the PXDG to serve up songs from a separate Ipod...

I know...2 ipods is a little bit much, but 'overkill' is my middle name...
I have an old 60 gig color ipod with over 7k of songs on it, not alot of space left over for movies is one of the reasons for me to do this...and I will then also be able to listen to music independant of the videos in the backseat (and vice-versa).
When someone finally comes out with a PXDG type device for serving up videos, my dreams will have come true.

thanks,

David

Quick Reply: Neucleus NC-X2iLAN iPod Integration for 07' GM's (ALTERNATIVE TO iConnect)